Football crazy

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby ab » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:48 am

Glyn wrote:A 4-1 away win in Croatia, I would have predicted less chance of that than a micro-blackhole swallowing the Eaarrrtttthhhhh.....

A letter from yesterday's Guardian:
Guardian wrote:Wednesday 8:30am: scientists tamper with the fundamental fabric of the universe. Wednesday 10pm: Croatia 1 England 4.
ab

Postby tarek » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:19 am

Yesterday was nice ....

I watched 3 matches ...

started with the Liverpool v Man U (2-1)
Then Arsenal v Blackburn (4-0
& finally the Man city v Chelsea 3-1

I hope all weekends are like this:)

tarek
tarek

Postby ttt » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:09 am

tarek wrote:Yesterday was nice ....

I watched 3 matches ...

started with the Liverpool v Man U (2-1)
Then Arsenal v Blackburn (4-0
& finally the Man city v Chelsea 3-1

I hope all weekends are like this:)

tarek

Yes, but I don’t think that Man’s fans (MU & MC) like that…:D and there was not fairly for Terry (Chelsea), the same as Vidic...
BTW, Man city v Chelsea : 1-3:D

ttt
ttt

Postby Glyn » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:49 pm

Another blow for Newcastle a defeat by Geordie managed Hull City at Sid James' Park. Ashley and Wise didn't even bother to turn up.

udosuk I wish the Roosters more luck than Storm had against the Warriors, and hope Storm have more luck that you had against the Broncos. Tough away trips that neither expected.
Glyn

Postby udosuk » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:35 am

Glyn wrote:udosuk I wish the Roosters more luck than Storm had against the Warriors, and hope Storm have more luck that you had against the Broncos. Tough away trips that neither expected.

Years ago it was always NSW's teams who dominated the League titles, then along came the other states (Brisbane & Melbourne) who won the majority of the premierships over the recent years. Perhaps it's the turn of the "other country". I won't be surprised if the Warriors went on to win it all. And I know Australia has blown it big time against New Zealand in Union already.:(

As for the soccer, all I can say is Chelsea has beaten the wrong Manchester team, and in the wrong time (4 months late).:( That said, seeing the Red Devils struggling is still quite satisfying.

And how about those Hull City high-flyers (currently #4 on the ladder, 10 spots above the defending champs)? How many have tipped that team to finish last in their predictions? I know it's still early days but we always love high-archieving underdogs, don't we?:)
udosuk

Postby ttt » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:54 am

Waiting : MU v Villarreal, tonight...
ttt

Postby Glyn » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:47 am

Cluj could be a dark horse for a qualifying spot in Chelsea's group, a useful away win in Rome.
Man Utd should deal with Villareal, but Arsenal have a tricky trip to Kiev.
I wonder how the 'Group of Death' will start out. St Petersburg have been doing well, though they are way behind Rubin Kazan in the national league.
Glyn

Postby udosuk » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:56 am

My gosh, what a thrilling win for the Storm against the "drinking, bashing, raping" Broncos tonight. It brought back fond memories in 2005 when Nick Davies scored that miraculous goal against the Cats. When the siren sounded the Broncos players behaved just like the Cats players did (heads down, hands and knees on the ground). I'm not a single bit sympathetic to any of them.

And next weekend will be a heck of an AFL Cats-Hawks Grand Final. Glyn must be very glad about this weekend's results.:)

Hope ttt hasn't lost any money on ManU's scoreless draw, or the share markets a few days ago.
udosuk

Postby ttt » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:37 am

udosuk wrote:Hope ttt hasn't lost any money on ManU's scoreless draw, or the share markets a few days ago.

Thanks...:D !
No... no, I'm very... very like football but never lost or earn money from that.
Waiting : Chelsea v Man U - tomorrow...:D
BTW, I was drunk so much... and perhaps can't watch Arsenal tonight.

Thanks to All
ttt
ttt

Postby Glyn » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:30 am

Matt Sadly I haven't forked out for Setanta yet so I listened online via ABC. After the Hawks win the live scoreboard gave the Storm behind till the 80th minute try.

Good start for Zola at West Ham at the expense of poor old Newcastle again. Mind you the Toon are level with Man U on points.:!: In fact if Spurs beat Wigan and Chelsea win Man U will be joint bottom. Moment of madness: Can you enter the Champions League from the Coca Cola Championship?
Glyn

Postby udosuk » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:53 am

Glyn wrote:Mind you the Toon are level with Man U on points.:!: In fact if Spurs beat Wigan and Chelsea win Man U will be joint bottom. Moment of madness: Can you enter the Champions League from the Coca Cola Championship?

Mind you Man U has played two matches fewer than most others. So they need to lose the next 2 matches to be genuinely joint bottom. But thanks the schedulers for giving us devil-haters a chance to see them sink.:) You know it'll be a tough season for them when AIG, the logo on their shirt, got into serious trouble and almost went broke last week.

Chelsea-Man U is underway now and like Glyn I can't watch live (him on Aussie sports, me on Pommie ones) so you guys can tell me the results tomorrow. Also interested about Hull-Everton.
udosuk

Postby Glyn » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:36 am

Man U have to squeeze a trip to Japan in later December for the World Club Cup which will cause them to be even further behind in schedule, two games they could do without.
Glyn

Postby 999_Springs » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:58 pm

udosuk wrote:Chelsea-Man U is underway now and like Glyn I can't watch live (him on Aussie sports, me on Pommie ones) so you guys can tell me the results tomorrow. Also interested about Hull-Everton.

Chelsea 1-1 Man U

Hull 2-2 Everton

Am I alone in thinking that the Large Hadron Collider is responsible for the stock market crash? (I don't know where else I could post this...)
999_Springs

Postby Glyn » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Man City 6 Portsmouth 0 and they haven't spent much so far:)

BTW The LHC has broken down, magnet coolant failure a couple of months wait while they warm them up, repair and cool them again.
Glyn

Postby tarek » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:49 pm

Man City demolished Pompey 6-0 today:!:
Just saw highlights on match of the day 2
Robinho, Jo & SWP were awesome .

tarek
tarek

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee bar