Football crazy

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby Glyn » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:36 pm

999_Springs Just a thought LHC-Stock Market must be the HBOSon.:(
Glyn

Postby udosuk » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:18 pm

999_Springs wrote:Chelsea 1-1 Man U

Hull 2-2 Everton

Am I alone in thinking that the Large Hadron Collider is responsible for the stock market crash?

Thanks 999_Springs! I don't like draws, it feels inadequate. But at least it's nice to see Hull stays on the top half and MU on the bottom half.:)
udosuk

Postby 999_Springs » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:36 pm

udosuk wrote:But at least it's nice to see Hull stays on the top half and MU on the bottom half.

And Tottenham stay rooted to the bottom.

Glyn wrote:BTW The LHC has broken down

...at the same time as the FTSE 100 records its biggest ever one-day gain in history. Interesting...
999_Springs

Postby tarek » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:34 am

After Man City's defeat in the Carling cup by Brighton, cityrob on the BBC 606: Debate page wrote:God I love City. We may be the richest club in the world, but we're still City
:D
tarek
tarek

Postby Glyn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:49 am

So perhaps Man City's 6-0 defeat of Portsmouth wasn't so much a measure of their strength but Portsmouth's weakness, following Chelsea's 4-0 win at Fratton Park.
Glyn

Postby Bigtone53 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:41 am

Scoring goals by kicking the ball into the net is easy. Scoring goals by kicking the ball wide of the net is harder. Good old Reading
Bigtone53

Postby Glyn » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:22 am

Bigtone53 Perhaps the ref should go to Specsavers as he was obviously wearing his 'Reading glasses'.
Incidentally Specsavers sponsor the shirts of match officials in the Magners League (Rugby Union), hope they've got some Blues tinted ones. Though it's League for me tonight.
Glyn

Postby udosuk » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:20 am

Glyn wrote:Though it's League for me tonight.

Wow, just to think of the scenario of a Storm-Warriors final. All the Sydney crowd (if any) will cheer for some Melbournians to beat some Kiwis. What a scene!:!:

And some other sports talk (not related to football at all): Isn't it sweet justice that Joe Torre is going to the postseason (together with Manny Ramirez) but the Yankees aren't!? And how about the prospect of 2 LA teams and 2 Chicago teams in the playoffs but no NY team?
udosuk

Postby Glyn » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:49 am

udosuk What a shock in the AFL Final:) . Hawks take it 115-89. Wayward kicking from the Cats in the 2nd quarter.

The Blues won 58-0 as well.:):)
Glyn

Postby udosuk » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:36 am

Glyn, happy for you that all sports results are going your way at the moment. If you're a punter I'm sure you're a lot richer than a few days ago.:D

Great win for the Hawks, and it's nice that Shane Crowford finally won a premiership, something that Nathan Buckley and Matthew Richardson couldn't do.
udosuk

Football Crazy

Postby Cec » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:30 am

udosuk wrote:"...Great win for the Hawks, and it's nice that Shane Crowford finally won a premiership, something that Nathan Buckley and Matthew Richardson couldn't do."

I too was pleased for Shane Crawford finally playing in a premiership team - this unfortunately didn't happen for St Kilda's Robert Harvey who just retired after 382 games or thereabouts.

As for Matthew Richardson not winning a premiership I presume he will still play for Richmond next year - who knows he may pull off a "Shane Crawford" finale to end his career.

Well done the Hawks on winning the Premiership but I can't help feeling sorry for the "Cats" who were clearly the best side all year. Unfortunately they couldn't produce the goods on the day it really mattered.

Cec
Cec

Re: Football Crazy

Postby udosuk » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:24 am

Welcome back Cec!:)

At least Geelong lost a match in the regular season. It would be terrible to win 25 matches in a row and then lose the most important match of the year. (In 2000 the Bombers won the first 20 matches of the season, lost a match and then won the last 5 matches to win the flag.)

And we'll have a cracker of an NRL final (M v M) next weekend!:)

Back to (spherical) football, Arsenal-Hull is underway, and it didn't take long for ManU to climb back to the top half of the ladder. For the bad karma of letting Keegan go perhaps Newcastle should lose all remaining matches of the season...
udosuk

Postby Glyn » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:25 am

udosuk Latest pun on Newcastle manager is "Joke in 'ere."
Glyn

Postby udosuk » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:03 pm

What a win for Hull!:D I could have made myself look like a genius if I had been gutsy enough to announce my prediction that Hull would upset the Gunners before the match, but I'm nonetheless ecstatic about the result.:D

How many of you have predicted Hull to get more than 10 points for the whole season?
udosuk

Postby 999_Springs » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:14 am

udosuk wrote:How many of you have predicted Hull to get more than 10 points for the whole season?

Before the season started, I had a moment of boredom and decided to put my personal predictions for all the 380 matches into the BBC website's "Predictor". Hull finished the season on 10 points. How wrong I was.
Now, I'm not entirely sure whether Tottenham can finish the season with more than 10 points!
999_Springs

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee bar