Football crazy

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby Glyn » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:24 am

udosuk
These clubs won Division 2 and became champions of Div 1 the following season.
Liverpool Div 2 in 1904-05.
Everton Div 2 in 1930-31.
Spurs Div 2 in 1949-50.
Ipswich Div2 1960-1961.

One more club has done this
Notts Forest 1976-1977 promoted as third in Division 2, champions Div 1 1977-78. They trumped that, going on to take the European Cup in 1979 and 1980.

So Hull to be the first in the post-Premiership period:?:

Food for thought, should have made it a brainteaser.

Tom Watson the manager of Liverpool previously managed Sunderland.
Thomas McIntosh the manager of Everton previously played for Darlington and Middlesborough.
Alf Ramsey the manager of Ipswich was in Arthur Rowe's team at Tottenham.
Brian Clough the manager of Notts Forest played for Sunderland and Middlesborough, and previously managed Hartlepool and Derby County.
Phil Brown of Hull City played for Hartlepool (midway between Sunderland and Middlesborough) and has previously managed Derby County.

It's a certainty.
Glyn
 
Posts: 357
Joined: 26 April 2007

Postby udosuk » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:44 am

Glyn wrote:These clubs won Division 2 and became champions of Div 1 the following season.
Liverpool Div 2 in 1904-05.
Everton Div 2 in 1930-31.
Spurs Div 2 in 1949-50.
Ipswich Div2 1960-1961.

One more club has done this
Notts Forest 1976-1977 promoted as third in Division 2, champions Div 1 1977-78. They trumped that, going on to take the European Cup in 1979 and 1980.

So Hull to be the first in the post-Premiership period:?:

Food for thought, should have made it a brainteaser.

Tom Watson the manager of Liverpool previously managed Sunderland.
Thomas McIntosh the manager of Everton previously played for Darlington and Middlesborough.
Alf Ramsey the manager of Ipswich was in Arthur Rowe's team at Tottenham.
Brian Clough the manager of Notts Forest played for Sunderland and Middlesborough, and previously managed Hartlepool and Derby County.
Phil Brown of Hull City played for Hartlepool (midway between Sunderland and Middlesborough) and has previously managed Derby County.

It's a certainty.

Ssshhh... Don't disclose too much and spoil my sure winning plans on snowballing my capitals.:D After Hull win their next 2 games (Chelski+ManU), I should become 50 times richer. And then punting them for the league title this season and Champions League title in 2010, I should become a billionaire by then. Much better investment than Lehman Bros.:D

And wondering will Phil Brown follow Alf Ramsey's footsteps and lead England to their 2nd World Cup trophy in South Africa...:?: Gee this is better than Da Vinci Code.:)

BTW, a great escape for you guys in the Rugby League World Cup tonight, against all the might of PNG.:!:
udosuk
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: 17 July 2005

Postby Glyn » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:09 am

udosuk wrote:BTW, a great escape for you guys in the Rugby League World Cup tonight, against all the might of PNG.:!:


Jetlag:) The Aussies should beat NZ tomorrow in League, and then suffer a reverse in Union next week in Hong Kong. Don't think I'd make a lot on that prediction. Mind you Toulouse beating Stade Francais in Paris was unexpected.
Glyn
 
Posts: 357
Joined: 26 April 2007

Postby udosuk » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:09 pm

With Liverpool breaking Chelsea's 58-match unbeaten streak at home, all the hope of Hull finishing outright #1 next week is practically gone. As a matter of fact their next match becomes a whole lot tougher as I don't think Scolari will allow his boys to lose 2 matches in a row.

Robinho finally came through for ManC, and tarek's Arsenal keep on pressing for the #3 spot. Can Harry Redknapp save the Spurs? I never believe firing coaches works but at least they've won their 1st match of the season.

My MLB team is on the brink of losing the World Series. Perhaps my jinxing power is still too strong.:(

The new NBA season is about to begin. I better not show too much enthuasism for my favourite team now.
udosuk
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: 17 July 2005

Postby ttt » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:10 am

I don’t know what happen for Liverpool if Carragher is overload...
ttt
 
Posts: 185
Joined: 20 October 2006
Location: vietnam

Postby 999_Springs » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:15 am

udosuk wrote:With Liverpool breaking Chelsea's 58-match unbeaten streak at home

It's 86 games (a total of 4 years and 8 months) if you are only counting league games.

udosuk wrote:Can Harry Redknapp save the Spurs?

Certainly not in the near future, as I would be surprised if they get a single point from their next 2 games, which are against Arsenal and Liverpool...
Hidden Text: Show
Once upon a time I was a teenager who was active on here 2007-2011
999_Springs
 
Posts: 367
Joined: 27 January 2007
Location: In the toilet, flushing down springs, one by one.

Postby Glyn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:39 pm

udosuk RayN stopped play so you are still hanging in there.:)
Glyn
 
Posts: 357
Joined: 26 April 2007

Postby tarek » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:21 am

Hull & Tottenham's next matches will test the stability of their current postion on the table:idea:

I'm pleased with Arsenal's form at the moment .... Their Champions' league match was a delight to watch .... Some serious defensive issues to tackle ... but hopefully with injured players returning .... those matters can be ironed out.

Leicester Tigers: December is approaching very quickly:D

tarek
User avatar
tarek
 
Posts: 2624
Joined: 05 January 2006

Postby Glyn » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:10 pm

It appears that players with the initials DB deliver goals for the Spurs David Bentley and Darren Bent got one apiece. Get some more Harry, snap up David Beckham on loan before Milan do.:)

Now who else. What about Dimitar Berbatov, whoops they sold him.:(

Oh well that was when it was 4-2 to Arsenal. Then two more players with different initials found the net for Spurs in stoppage time. Put the cheque book away again Mr Levy.
Glyn
 
Posts: 357
Joined: 26 April 2007

Postby tarek » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:01 am

Yesterday was crazy ....

At 4-2 (Arsenal v Tottenham), I dozed off missing the last 15 minutes ....:(

The next couple of weeks will be very very interesting:D

tarek
User avatar
tarek
 
Posts: 2624
Joined: 05 January 2006

Postby 999_Springs » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:22 am

I don't know what is going on in the world of football right now... Chelsea have lost at home, Arsenal are frequently dropping points here and there, Newcastle and Tottenham have actually won games, the latter of which scored 2 goals in 5 minutes against Arsenal, and are unbeaten in TWO matches! Also, Portsmouth and Tottenham have had changes of manager which were both completely and utterly unexpected.

My guess is that the Large Hadron Collider, after causing a black hole in the economy, is now causing bizarre things to happen in the world of football. Or is my imagination going crazy?...
Hidden Text: Show
Once upon a time I was a teenager who was active on here 2007-2011
999_Springs
 
Posts: 367
Joined: 27 January 2007
Location: In the toilet, flushing down springs, one by one.

Postby udosuk » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:35 pm

Now that Hull's incredible run is over and the World Series is done, I can focus on the NBA. Good effort for Hotspurs to grab that draw against the mighty Gunners, pity that David Beckham will be playing in Milan so they can't have him. Perhaps they can still get Ronaldo (the Brazilian one).:)
udosuk
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: 17 July 2005

Postby tarek » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:03 am

You need to focus back udosuk ....

Maradona is to be announced the manager of Argentina .....

Will Argintina benifit from his DIVINE touch (Mexico '86) .... Apparantly he's visiting England this weekend to watch Teves & Mascherano in preparation for the Scotland friendly:D

regarding the Hadron Collider: I think that Angels & Daemons was the better book (That is how I got to know about it in the 1st place).

tarek
User avatar
tarek
 
Posts: 2624
Joined: 05 January 2006

Postby Glyn » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:35 am

tarek wrote:Maradona is to be announced the manager of Argentina .....


So that's why she's divorcing Guy Ritchie. Her 'first time touch' was a bit special.
Glyn
 
Posts: 357
Joined: 26 April 2007

Postby ttt » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:49 am

Glyn wrote:
tarek wrote:Maradona is to be announced the manager of Argentina .....


So that's why she's divorcing Guy Ritchie. Her 'first time touch' was a bit special.

You said about Madonna...?
Maradona: I like him very much... for him, motherland - Argentina, is the fist, not as Pele WC1974 or Cruyff WC1978... but I don't think he is good manager.
ttt
 
Posts: 185
Joined: 20 October 2006
Location: vietnam

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee bar