Football crazy

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby 999_Springs » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:20 am

udosuk wrote:Based on these results, here is a projected prediction about tonight's matches:

If you're going to make predictions like that, it would be better to do that with FA Cup matches... MUCH more interesting...
999_Springs

Postby udosuk » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:35 am

999_Springs wrote:If you're going to make predictions like that, it would be better to do that with FA Cup matches... MUCH more interesting...

I suppose you mean Carling Cup because the FA Cup is still in a very early stage.:?:

So let's make a prediction for the next round:

Burnley has just beaten Chelsea in the previous round.
Chelsea has beaten all 3 of Villa, Hull and Stoke by a combined scoreline of 7-0 in league play.
All 3 of Villa, Hull and Stoke has beaten Arsenal by a combined scoreline of 6-2 in league play.

So Burnley will surely beat Arsenal in the next round? Try to convince tarek that!:)
udosuk

Postby tarek » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:49 am

udosuk wrote:So Burnley will surely beat Arsenal in the next round? Try to convince tarek that!:)
you know it is possible, unless Wenger decides to play with a team that has an average age of 19 ( what a track record):D

tarek
tarek

Postby udosuk » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:22 am

Australia lost the world cup to New Zealand. I think they were just too arrogant and did some stupid play down the stretch. They fully deserved it.

In today's Premier League matches Arsenal will probably take out their frustration against ManC (as their performance is always proportional to the payroll size of their opponent). Villa might also upset ManU.
udosuk

Postby 999_Springs » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:48 am

What a day for the Big 4. All of them played and NONE of them scored a single goal, with Arsenal losing 3-0 to Manchester City. You usually don't find many weekends like this.

udosuk wrote:I suppose you mean Carling Cup because the FA Cup is still in a very early stage.

No, I meant FA Cup... The 3rd round draw is in less than a fortnight, isn't it? This is where it starts to get interesting. Also, the last time Leeds won an FA Cup game occurred long before these forums were created... until this week.

I predict that at least one of the Big 4 will lose to a non-league team through a flurry of own goals.
999_Springs

Postby udosuk » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:51 pm

If you count Villa then the top 5 teams have not scored a single goal in this round.:!:

Hull has not won for so many matches now.:( I expect Everton to pass them to #6 tomorrow. I think I'm jumping off their bandwagon soon.

Also it seems my theory that Arsenal only plays well against teams with big payrolls is not on. Turns out they only play well against teams above them on the ladder. Perhaps soon they will play well against more teams.:)
udosuk

Postby udosuk » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:09 am

Wow, after earning a grand total of 2 points in 8 matches Tottenham has picked up 13 points in the last 6 matches. Meanwhile Arsenal and Hull has grabbed a combined total of 6 points from 10 matches. This time last month everybody was talking about Tottenham relegating and Arsenal and Hull fighting for the #3 spot. Now we don't even know at the end of the season who amongst these three will finish as the highest. Harry Redknapp deserves a CBE.
udosuk

Postby 999_Springs » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:03 am

After Everton's loss on Monday, I would like to mention that nobody in the top half of the Premiership won their game over the weekend despite them ALL playing. This has been a particularly peculiar season so far.

udosuk wrote:Now we don't even know at the end of the season who amongst these three will finish as the highest.

I am quite sure that Arsenal will finish higher than Hull and Tottenham.
999_Springs

Postby udosuk » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:07 pm

999_Springs wrote:After Everton's loss on Monday, I would like to mention that nobody in the top half of the Premiership won their game over the weekend despite them ALL playing. This has been a particularly peculiar season so far.

In the 10 matches this round 4 of them are draws, and the 6 winners managed to occupy #11-16 on the new ladder. So the peculiar thing was none of the 6 victories in this round helped anyone to crack into the top 10.:idea:

999_Springs wrote:I am quite sure that Arsenal will finish higher than Hull and Tottenham.

I'm very tempted to raise a bet with you that at least one of Hull and Tottenham will finish higher than Arsenal at the end of the season but I don't even know if I'll still be here posting by then. So if Arsenal manage to prove me wrong you or tarek please feel free to dig this post up and rip me all you like.:)
udosuk

Postby tarek » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:56 am

udosuk wrote:
999_Springs wrote:I am quite sure that Arsenal will finish higher than Hull and Tottenham.

I'm very tempted to raise a bet with you that at least one of Hull and Tottenham will finish higher than Arsenal at the end of the season but I don't even know if I'll still be here posting by then. So if Arsenal manage to prove me wrong you or tarek please feel free to dig this post up and rip me all you like.:)
I just quoted you in case your post happens to disappear when digging:D

tarek
tarek

Postby udosuk » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:35 pm

Despite this weekend's results I'm still backing my proposition.

Note for Arsenal this match is a carbon copy of the one against ManU a few weeks ago, which matches my speculation that they only play well against teams above them.
udosuk

Postby udosuk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:26 am

tarek wrote:
udosuk wrote:So Burnley will surely beat Arsenal in the next round? Try to convince tarek that!:)
you know it is possible, unless Wenger decides to play with a team that has an average age of 19 ( what a track record):D

Nice call!:D
udosuk

Postby tarek » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:48 pm

udosuk wrote:
tarek wrote:

Nice call!:D
The chaces missed were too many ... I guess that is what happens when a young team is under pressure & behind. The Danish forward was so so bad & he is a regular feature for the 1st team.

tarek
tarek

Postby udosuk » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:04 am

Another weekend of 4 draws for the CALM. Well done Hull, Tottenham, Boro. Bad job Scolari.:(

The newest member of the BIG5, Villa, must be ecstatic.

Somewhere down the bottom, ManC & Robinho is hovering miserably @ #17, tied for points as 3rd last.

Also, possible round of 16 matchups for the Champs League:

ManC v Chelsea
Liverpool v Arsenal
Barca v Real
Juve v Inter
Porto v Sporting
Roma v Lyon
Bayern v Villarreal
Panathinaikos v Atletico
udosuk

Postby Glyn » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:29 am

udosuk Thanks for your best wishes for my mum it is going to be quite a struggle when she gets back.

Re predictions for Champions League draw.
Teams from the same country can't be drawn against each other in the round of the last 16 and runners up in the group stages play winners of the group stages. Perhaps you can sort out the most exciting scenario given that constraint. Another drawback of being runner up is that the second leg is an away match.

Have I missed something this weekend have Man City bought Man Utd and their qualifying spot?:)
Glyn

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee bar