Football crazy

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby Bigtone53 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:29 pm

udosuk wrote:This is not football but I'm surprised with the heavy British demography here nobody is talking about Andy Murray.

Aah, but Murray is a Scot:!::D
Bigtone53

Postby Glyn » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:53 pm

No terrestrial coverage of the US Open in the UK, so it isn't getting the country motivated. In fact apart from Formula 1 and Horse Racing/Equestrian, the only live sport on terrestrial TV all week is Baseball and NFL for the night owls.
Glyn

Postby enxio27 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Well, Luke, I guess we two are WAY outnumbered! Care to start an American football thread? I won't, but I'll join in if you or someone else starts one.
enxio27

Postby udosuk » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:55 pm

The brief hope for a British (English, Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish etc) grand slam champion didn't last long. It wasn't even as competitive as 11 years ago when a certain Greg Rusedski lost to a certain Aussie named Patrick Rafter. But then again Greg is Canadian-British, so there you go for all the blue-blooded imperialists.:)

The idea of an American football thread sounds outrageous in this forum. For the past couple years there was a thread (or 2) about two major American sports (basketball and baseball) and it soon turned into a 2-man conservation (mostly).
udosuk

Postby enxio27 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:31 am

udosuk wrote:The idea of an American football thread sounds outrageous in this forum. For the past couple years there was a thread (or 2) about two major American sports (basketball and baseball) and it soon turned into a 2-man conservation (mostly).

I'm beginning to wonder about the same thing, myself. Just how many of us here are Americans? Surely Luke and I aren't the only ones!
enxio27

Postby tarek » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:00 pm

Whistling:)
tarek

Postby Luke » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:36 pm

You ain't whistlin' Dixie, as they say below the Mason-Dixon. Little worry of us colonizers stepping on the "football" thread, since all you blokes ever seem to discuss is soccer.:)

Or should I say, "footy?!?"
Luke
2015 Supporter

Postby tarek » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:27 am

Luke451 wrote:You ain't whistlin' Dixie, as they say below the Mason-Dixon. Little worry of us colonizers stepping on the "football" thread, since all you blokes ever seem to discuss is soccer.:)

Or should I say, "footy?!?"
David Beckham joined the LA Galaxy hoping to promote soccer even more in the US ... If more "footy" is known accross the US then that would be a success.

Joe Bageant in his BBC article didn't mention any sport. I think "footy" should be in the criteria at some stage to secure world domination:D

BTW, I'm certain that many americans are among our active users list. I'm not sure though if they are football crazy (that is ANY type of football):D

tarek
tarek

Postby udosuk » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:22 am

tarek wrote:... ANY type of football

Okay, speaking of which, my hometown Swans, having beaten the Kangaroos last weekend, is taking on the Bulldogs this Friday night. So no matter which football you like please lend some support here. I need some collective well-wishing power!:D
udosuk

Postby tarek » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:33 pm

just finished englad-croatia

i was wrong

how happy i am:D
tarek

Postby Glyn » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 pm

udosuk No problem wishing the Swans all the best, the club I used to follow in the mid-90s the Hawks whipped the Bulldogs last time out. See you in the Grand Final.:)
Glyn

Postby udosuk » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:21 am

Glyn wrote:udosuk No problem wishing the Swans all the best, the club I used to follow in the mid-90s the Hawks whipped the Bulldogs last time out. See you in the Grand Final.:)

Thank you very much! I'm sure you'll be ecstatic to see us upsetting the invincible Cats, giving the Hawks a much better prospect in the Grand Final.:)

Great job to Capello's boys for beating their strongest opponent impressively on the road!:)
udosuk

Postby Glyn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:15 am

A 4-1 away win in Croatia, I would have predicted less chance of that than a micro-blackhole swallowing the Eaarrrtttthhhhh.....
Glyn

Postby udosuk » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:21 am

Okay, I never learn my lessons.:( As soon as I made public about my desire for a victory from the hometime Swans, they got thrashed by the Bulldogs and were eliminated. Well, now I can either return some well-wish for Glyn's Hawks, or avoid jinxing them by simply not caring anymore.

And it's a woeful day for Sydney's teams too, with the Roosters losing to the Broncos in League.:(
udosuk

Postby Glyn » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:09 pm

udosuk The Roosters should get a place in the Semis barring upsets in the other qualifiers. I guess I should back the Storm, if they get past the Warriors that should help you.

Back to Soccer. For the 'Clash of the Cash' Chelsea vs Man City will Robinho remember which team he's signed for, especially if he gets hold of one of those shirts they shouldn't have made.
Glyn

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee bar