Sports talk (formerly NBA talk)

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Re: Sports Talk

Postby udosuk » Mon May 21, 2007 5:43 am

Cec wrote:Udosuk, when the Tigers and the Demons play each other they could be unlucky enough to play a draw and still both be winless.:)

Well, in that case at least they'll both score 2 points in the competition, so will not finish the season on nil points.:)
udosuk

Re: Sports Talk

Postby Cec » Mon May 21, 2007 10:58 am

udosuk wrote:"...Well, in that case at least they'll both score 2 points in the competition, so will not finish the season on nil points.:) "

Thanks udosuk...now that makes me feel the season won't be entirely wasted:)
Cec
Cec

Final 4

Postby caliboywestcoast » Mon May 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Detroit Pistons are my team and they always have been since 04-05 season and this year again i have them going all the way and if they meet the spurs in the Championship games the pistons have sumthing to say to them since the last meeting in the Championship games
caliboywestcoast

Postby udosuk » Tue May 22, 2007 7:18 am

I guess among the final 4 teams Detroit is the only team I like. But I hesitate to go all out supporting them for fear of more disappointments. They did get a bit lucky against the Cavs in game 1 when Donyell Marshall missed a wide open 3 to win the game from a pass from Lebron. If the Cavs' supporting cast played decently they have a real crack of upsetting the Pistons based upon both teams' performances in game 1. But I suspect the Pistons haven't shown their true potential yet.:?:

In MLB, Wang remains the lone bright spot among the Yankees starters (winning against the BoSox today), and I suppose I can't object too much for that. Perhaps they will rebound more when Clemens is inserted into the rotation. It seems Barry Bonds is in the midst of a very bad slump, haven't seen him homer for almost a month now.

In NHL, the Red Wings are on the verge of elimination against the Ducks (used to be called the Mighty Ducks but for some reasons they decided they're no longer Mighty from this season on:) ). I do hope the Stanley Cup will go to Canada for a change, so go the Ottawa Senators!:)
udosuk

Postby udosuk » Wed May 23, 2007 7:48 am

Geez, more bad news to the Suns - the Hawks grabbed the #3 draft pick and will keep it themselves. The Blazers and the Sonics got the top 2 draft, so good for them. I think the Blazers will be a contender next season with Zach Randolph, Brandon Roy and Greg Oden, and Ray Allen together with Kevin Durant in Seattle will be worth watching too. Too bad for the Grizzlies and the Celtics, who tanked like crazy this season for nothing. Perhaps the Hawks will pick Yi to team up with Joe Johnson, perhaps they'll pick a good PG instead. I think Yi will be picked by one of the Hawks, Grizzlies or Celtics. Hopefully not the Grizzlies, unless they want to get rid of Pau Gasol. Boston Celtics should be a good team for him.

And too bad for the Detroit Red Wings. Guess all the focus of the "Mo Town" will now be on the Pistons.

Rick Adelman should be a decent coach for the Rockets. Now to see if they can get a decent PG. It's reported that Hakeem Olajuwon is personally training Yao Ming. I hope Clyde Drexler can have a one-on-one session with T-Mac too, at least teaching him how to improve his FG%.
udosuk

Postby caliboywestcoast » Wed May 23, 2007 8:39 pm

Im so happy cause im from seattle and the sonics maybe move so if they get KD they can do better even try to sneak into the playoffs. While i was wacthing the lottery once i saw the fith spot taken by the Celtic and the fourth by Memphis i was so happy cause we were getting a top three and then the Hawks were third and then once i saw the sonics logo showed was happy cause we getting some hella good.The sonics are my third fav team next to sun and Pistons but im feeling the Seattle sonics.
caliboywestcoast

Postby udosuk » Thu May 24, 2007 3:11 pm

Yeah, for caliboy's sake I hope the Supersonics stay in Seattle. I have a friend who live in Vancouver, and he used to go to the Grizzlies' games. After the Grizz left town, sometimes he drove to Seattle to watch the Sonics. It would be too cruel for him if the Sonics also leave to Oklahoma or somewhere. I don't think it's feasible for him to drive all the way to Portland, but at least the Blazers are more watchable next season.

I don't know why, but I actually was pleased to see AC Milan defeat Liverpool yesterday. As an Aussie I'm supposed to hate the Italians and root for Harry Kewell, but I guess seeing England having 3 teams in the final 4 and none winning is enough satisfaction itself.
udosuk

Postby Hud » Thu May 24, 2007 9:26 pm

I was very disappointed to see the Hawks get the #3 instead of #4. I actually hollered ATLANTA when the #4 was announced. Oh well, maybe the Joe Johnson deal wasn't that good after all. Writers here are bemoaning the personnel decisions that the Suns have made after Brian Colangelo left to go to Toronto.

I'd like to see both the Blazers and Sonics improve next season. That might not bode well for the LA Teams (or the Suns?).
Hud

Postby caliboywestcoast » Fri May 25, 2007 5:02 pm

i still think the suns,spurs, mavs are going to be the elite teams in the east and the lakers might fall out of the 7th and 8th spot cause portland seattle and another team might have trouble getting in too is golden state and i see the west almost being the same only the 7th and 8th are going to come to a grind out but i hope seattle sneaks into there so i can watch them in the playoffs and that might impress the city cause it will bring profite and they can rebuild a new arena
caliboywestcoast

Postby udosuk » Sat May 26, 2007 3:35 pm

Cec, I watched the Bombers-Tigers match. It must have been very heart-breaking for Richmond fans.:( Up 3 goals with just a few minutes remaining, it was a spectacular collapse, and Matthew Richardson was given a very unfortunate foul call when he should have kicked the winning goal after Essendon tied the score. I thought the Tigers would at least secured a draw, but turned out it's not their night. So perhaps we'll have to wait until the scheduled duel against the Demons to see if the Tigers will score any competition point this season. Or perhaps they'll be fired up enough to beat the Brisbane Lions next week.

Added later:
Chien-Ming Wang pitched 8 innings today, giving up 3 runs (all in the 1st). Normally it should be enough for the Yankees, but they only managed 1 run themselves. Their batting slump is getting nauseous.:( On the other hand, the D-backs offense is very hot. The other day that new kid Mark Reynolds was 5/5 from the plate including 2 HRs and was a double away from hitting the cycle.
udosuk

Postby caliboywestcoast » Wed May 30, 2007 7:41 pm

You see Kobe wants a trade i wonder who he might be going to he want to win dont matter if he scores 23 points a game and that why he scores like 50 points with the lakers cause he want to win and that the only way they can win but im thinking he can go to timerwovles for randy and ricky or maybe the grizzlies or maybe the sixers or knicks i cant really think from there.

In the Los Angeles Times, by Mike Bresnahan, Kobe Bryant says, "I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant told ESPN radio. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative."
caliboywestcoast

Postby Hud » Wed May 30, 2007 11:25 pm

The new kid, Reynolds messed up his "cycle" by hitting a homerun in his last at bat. Yesterday, he got a neck contusion but insists upon playing tonight. I can't blame him since when you get out of the lineup, sometimes it's hard to get badk in; ask Chad Tracy whom he replaced in the lineup.

I felt for Wang in his last start. He's the only Yankee that I like to see do well. Torre seems to be on thin ice now as is Cashman. A-Rod has stopped hitting also. I'm sorry to gloat but I can't help myself lol.

The D-backs are definitely in a zone right now. If RJ pitches well tonight it's Katie bar the door. I like to spring some of these American sayings on you guys to see if you get them?

I almost forgot to weigh in about Kobe. I think he'd be better off by staying in LA and convincing the team to get a couple players around him. Kevin Garnet would be a great addition imo. There was a half-hearted article in my morning paper about how he'd fit in here. I don't think it'd work for the Suns for several reasons.
Hud

Postby udosuk » Thu May 31, 2007 5:18 am

RJ pitched 6 shutout innings, but the D-backs bullpen (especially Brandon Lyon) almost blew the game in the bottom of 9th. The D-backs did hold on to win their 7th in a row, and the Reynolds kid had another good batting night. So great for them. I guess you guys deserve some gloating rights after what happened to the Suns.

Did a search on "Katie bar the door", and this seems a pretty nice source:
http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-kat1.htm

I agree with you that Kobe is better off stay with the Lakers. I just remembered Scottie Pippen was asking for a place in their team earlier in the season, but it didn't work out. Perhaps he could have been a help in the series with the Suns. If teamed up with KG they could be a pretty good force. Or perhaps Rashard Lewis from the Sonics.

The Spurs have finished up the Jazz quickly, much to my delight. Game 4 in Salt Lake City was pretty disgraceful for the Utah fans. I don't care if Manu was flopping or the refs were helping the Spurs, but throwing stuffs onto the floor is never acceptible. And from what I saw, the Jazz players were giving the Spurs players a lot of "limb actions" all night anyway (but I guess it's 2-way, and I did say these 2 teams are equally dirty, just the Spurs do it in a smarter way).
udosuk

Postby caliboywestcoast » Thu May 31, 2007 7:28 pm

now on nba.com there is a statment

May 31, 2007 1:31pm ET
A New Bryant-O'Neal Duo May Form
Peter Vecsey of the NEW YORK POST, "The Post has learned a championship-caliber collaborator should soon be coming to Kobe's - the city's and the team's - emotional rescue. How poetically peculiar that the player's last name is O'Neal, as in Jermaine, not Shaquille! Interestingly, the teammates-in-waiting were chosen four spots apart in the '96 draft: Kobe No. 13 by the then Charlotte Hornets; Jermaine No. 17 by the Blazers."

just image that duo

but i like the spurs in the finals and if detroit then it would be even better cause it a rematch but i think the biggest flopper is AV from cleveand and then is MG and i do think it should be a techincal so they would stop playing cheap defense
caliboywestcoast

Postby caliboywestcoast » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:27 pm

Dam you see james last night he scored 25points and a row just call clevand Lebron James cause the team didnt do anything in the last 8 min of fourth quarter and 2ot but let history repeat it self like last year
caliboywestcoast

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee bar