About Ikea

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby udosuk » Tue May 22, 2007 9:37 am

Bigtone53 wrote:I may do but the word in question is Icelandic.

Staff of the Character Map program wrote:ð:
Unicode: U+00F0: Latin Small Letter Eth
Keystroke: Alt+0240

http://is.wiktionary.org/wiki/kirkjugar%C3%B0ur

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magn%C3%BAs_Magn%C3%BAsson
udosuk

Postby mikejapan » Tue May 22, 2007 12:33 pm

Unmasked at last!

I shouldn't have mentioned the GPE (Global Positioning Elks)

If it had lasted till the weekend, I was going to introduce a xenophobic MFI spokesperson to have an argument with the IKEA spokesperson.
mikejapan

Re: About Ikea

Postby Cec » Wed May 23, 2007 3:28 am

udosuk wrote:"...No, you can use square brackets and have the [quote] & [/quote] displayed no problem.:idea: ..."

Thanks udosuk. I'm surprised you were able to explain it this way which of course is simpler than my above attempt. I've always thought that enclosing a quotation between the b and /b brackets would bold the quotation as I have just done. At least I learnt something from my initial post:)

Cec
Cec

Postby udosuk » Wed May 23, 2007 5:59 am

Cec, I dug out this old thread where I learned that little trick from. Amazingly, it was initiated by you!:!: So either you haven't paid attention back then or you're suffering from short/long term memory loss.:D
udosuk

About Ikea

Postby Cec » Wed May 23, 2007 9:57 am

Well done udosuk for jogging my memory....I confess my memory isn't what it used to be.:( Looking at the old thread you dug up, I can see that whilst I initiated that thread it was Ruud who initiated the "trick" to use the "b's" encased between the brackets, etc.

Cec
Cec

Postby 999_Springs » Thu May 24, 2007 6:12 pm

This thread is getting a bit off-topic.

ikea-spokesperson wrote:22. Why did you write "does not" and not "doesn't"

So that you have a higher chance of understanding.

Is it really that hard to find a Su-Doku with the pattern previously posted? If it is then I shall allow you to change the pattern slightly, but make sure the message is clear. Or is there a lack of 16x16 Su-Doku programs?
999_Springs

Postby ikea-spokesperson » Thu May 24, 2007 11:56 pm

[quote="999_Springs]
8. Ikea can't spell 'hand cream'. (Hand creme!?)

So, if you say the magic words, you get hand creme in a T-shaped can!?
How do you get the bit in the corners out?
ikea-spokesperson

Postby MCC » Fri May 25, 2007 8:44 am

With a "T" spoon of course:D

MCC
MCC

Postby ikea-spokesperson » Fri May 25, 2007 12:19 pm

Is that a red, plastic IKEA spoon?:D
ikea-spokesperson

Postby ikea-spokesperson » Mon May 28, 2007 2:39 am

As I have now been fired for calling all IKEA customers fat and stupid, am now on the "jam roll" and am having my computer repossessed for not being able to keep up with the payments, this will be my last post (probably) as IKEA-spokesperson.

Earlier on in this thread, IKEA's wikipedia entry was posted. Anyone who bothered to read it must be a pretty sad individual. I read it. For those of you who actually have a life, here is a brief summary of the salient points;

IKEA was founded by a 17-year old, dyslexic, Swedish Nazi who used Scandinavian names for his products causing trouble in Germany because the name of a bed translated in German as "Good f##k" and whose adverts encouraged marriage breakups and the smelling of other peoples' armpits.
IKEA was the first company to feature a gay couple in a commercial, three people were crushed to death in Saudi Arabia trying to get free $150 vouchers and the 2007 catalogue featured a dog with a human p#n#s.

(All true - I couldn't make up stuff as funny as this!)
ikea-spokesperson

Postby 999_Springs » Wed May 30, 2007 7:12 pm

ikea-spokesperson wrote:"jam roll"

What is a "jam roll" in this context!?

Also I believe that you forgot to mention the fact that Ikea's catalogue in 2007 also showed a 19p mug with a hole in the bottom where water leaks out. Maybe it is not in the Wikipedia article?

Has there been any progress at all on the Su-Doku with the pattern previously posted?
999_Springs

Postby mikejapan » Wed May 30, 2007 9:52 pm

Jam roll = the dole
mikejapan

Postby Havard » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:28 am

hehe. A lot of confusion about Sweden and Norway in this thread...:) Norway is the one with "fjords", and the land of the midnight sun is where I come from, the north of Norway! (Tromsø, if you want to look it up!) Norway is most famous for the paperclip, the aerosol can and the cheesegrater. (and we have these dudes, Ibsen and Grieg for any culturally interested...) Norway rule the Winter Olympics, and because of oil are one of the richest and most expensive countries in the world...:)

But getting back to the original topic, most of the furniture in my house does indeed come from Ikea. It's cheap and if you look around a bit you can find stuff that actually looks nice!:) That is not to say that I like the place... Way too many people there, and they make the store like a labyrinth so that you are sure to be stuck in there for at least a few hours! And do I have a "kjøttboller" story for you... No, it's too gross.... Just don't eat the Ikea kjøttboller. Don't!!!:)

Havard
Havard

Postby udosuk » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:08 am

Havard, you forgot about the Norwegian Wood, made world-famous by the Beatles and some Japanese writer!:idea:
udosuk

Postby RW » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:52 am

Havard wrote:Norway is the one with "fjords", and the land of the midnight sun is where I come from, the north of Norway!

Hey Håvard, the midnight sun is ours! Don't you try to steal it!!!:!:

About Ikea, I've been there once, didn't buy anything. Only thing I'd like to have is one of them big blue bags.

RW
RW
2010 Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee bar