What am I? (16)

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby underquark » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:37 pm

(a)Mary is in the classroom but Jane is in the hall. A door separates the two and the handkercheif is slid part-way under the door.

In reality, though, Jane has taunted Mary just one time too many with her "I'm smarter than you" gibes. As the red mist descends, Mary's fist flies through the "safety glass" in the upper part of the door causing shards of wire-embedded glass to raggedly lacerate Jane's left external jugular vein. "No biggy", I hear you say, "haemorrhage from this superficial vein can be dramatic but is easily controlled by direct pressure"; but the wire in the wire-reinforced glass has a high nickel content and Jane is allergic to cheap jewellery!
underquark

Postby udosuk » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:43 pm

(e) The 2 sons are part of identical triples/quadruples/quintuples/...

Another possible answer for (a): they're standing on the corners of the classroom, not the hanky!:idea:
udosuk

Riddles

Postby Cec » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:18 am

Crazy Girl wrote:"wrong noodle" is an anagram of "one long word"
:)

Correct and well done.
Cec
coloin wrote:[c] Queue = Q

Correct and well done.
Cec
underquark wrote:(a)Mary is in the classroom but Jane is in the hall. A door separates the two and the handkercheif is slid part-way under the door..."

The answer I had in mind was a "sliding door". However, I'll accept your answer because sliding the handkerchief under the door still "puts the handkerchief on the floor" to enable Jane and Mary to stand on each corner of the handkerchief.
Cec
udosuk wrote:(e) The 2 sons are part of identical triples/quadruples/quintuples/..:
Correct answer to riddle (e) and well done.
udosuk wrote:Another possible answer for (a): they're standing on the corners of the classroom, not the hanky! :idea

If Mary and Jane were to stand on the corners of the classroom then, provided they didn't interfere with the handkerchief, there'd be nothing to stop them going "hammer and tong" at one another as mentioned by underquark above.:)
Nevertheless, a clever observation and the riddle now obviously needs to be re-worded in future to remove this ambiguity.

Thanks all for responding. After my busy golf day I've noticed underquark has posted "What am I?(3) which I expect will prove more mind searching and keep us occupied longer.

Cec
Cec

Previous

Return to Coffee bar