sudoku.org.uk

Sudoku puzzles, off-site games and other resources on the Internet

sudoku.org.uk

Postby Greer Watson » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:03 am

Does anyone know what's going on with http://www.sudoku.org.uk/ ?

I downloaded the Sunday puzzles about 1:30 a.m. EDT, but when I went back to upload the solutions I couldn't do so. I've tried repeatedly, off and on, all day. I've deleted my browser cache, thinking that might be the problem. However, all I get is an error message that the site can't be accessed.

Is it me, or is it them? (For obvious reasons, I'm getting more concerned the closer we get to midnight.)
Greer Watson

Re: sudoku.org.uk

Postby Greer Watson » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:42 am

Is anyone else also having difficulty getting the site? Or is it just me?
Greer Watson

Postby Greer Watson » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:09 am

I just heard back from Trevor Bond. They've had OS issues. They're now trying to get the site back up, and will credit people who've been affected.
Greer Watson

Postby shamanalix » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:25 pm

Thank you very much for the info! I've had access problems for that site all weekend, and was very aggravated and worried -- didn't know who to tell or how to go about seeing if there was a problem that could be fixed. Please keep me/us informed; hope site is back to availability real soon!

Just found this forum, and glad to join it!
shamanalix

Postby shamanalix » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Anything new on this? Still can't get into the site. How do I contact Trevor Bond or anyone by e-mail to find out about the problem and help getting it fixed? Thanks!
shamanalix

Postby Nemesis. » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Just to thank you for you posts....

I have spent ages over the last 2 days trying to get into the Sudoku.org website, not knowing if it was just me with a problem ...

At last I have some information....... although sorry I can't help, but just wanted to thank you for posting :P
Nemesis.

Postby oxmermaid » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:15 am

Hello, I suspect I am like many addicts, suffering severe withdrawal symptoms.

Hope the site is back up again soon.
oxmermaid

Postby Greer Watson » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:13 am

By all means try contacting Trevor Bond. Try: tbond (at) splashsoftware (dot) co (dot) uk

(I figure it's okay to give you his e-mail. I mean, I got it a couple of years ago when they changed their jigsaw sudoku grids for a while; and I sent a message through the "Contact" form on the website; and, after a while, he replied saying they were changing things back. It's not as though I know him personally, or anything.)

Maybe, by now, they have some better idea how long fixing the site is going to take. I certainly hope so: I know all about those "withdrawal symptoms". I've got a bad case myself, and keep clicking on the site to see if it's back up.
Greer Watson

Postby karaline » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:32 pm

I too am missing sudoku.org.uk. The search to see what has happened drew me to this site (every cloud...). Nice to meet other sudoku enthusiasts.
Just for info: sudoku.org.uk still unavailabe now (Thu eve 23/7/15).
karaline

Postby beachcomber6 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:00 am

i'm so pleased to find this thread, only the second I've found since the site went down and the only one with any information!
I have found two other splashsoftware sites which are not responding, exactly the same messages - presumably same software, same server.
At least I now know that the support team are working on it and there are other concerned users out there.
beachcomber6

Postby beachcomber6 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:08 am

Trevor Bond just replied to my e-mail as follows:
'Working to bring it up right now. Credits will be applied.'
beachcomber6

Postby mitino » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:27 am

As it is good that I not one.
We will hope that everything will be restored soon.
mitino

Postby fshubertsr » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:59 pm

I( have been searching for days to get on this site to no avail. I just found this link by accident and am very happy I did. I missed last weeks extreme and was very worried I lost Sudoku.org.uk for good. I have been a member for years and the extremes are my favorite. These are the best I have found on the web. Thanks for the info and email address.
fshubertsr

Postby Nemesis. » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks.

I still can't get onto the website, but am getting a different failure message now........

does that mean things are looking up :?

:lol:
Nemesis.

Postby Nikoiii » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:05 pm

I'm about two weeks ahead, so I hope they get it backup before then. I miss the challenge.
Nikoiii

Next

Return to On the web