sudoku.org.uk

Sudoku puzzles, off-site games and other resources on the Internet

Re: sudoku.org.uk

Postby andyh » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:01 pm

still just getting the 500 fault and none of the website loading. hopefully will get sorted soon am on holiday and need to escape fromnloud children!!!
andyh

Postby shamanalix » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 am

Looks like site is slowly coming back to life. A couple pages work. Still get no archives, Contact page also does no send messages to them. We can keep hoping! Anyone who can contact site, please do!!
shamanalix

Postby Sarah L » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:48 am

All the parts of the site I use are working. The contact tab up at the top of the page works. But there is nothing at the Archives tab, just a 500 something error. The interactive solver is there, filled with the last game on which I sought aid. Very nice! :D
Sarah L

Postby avalsoraj65 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:02 am

I'm so glad I found you all ... Sudoku.org I really miss, I could not enter solution. Too bad that is not on the net no report on what happened, or contact, where to inquire.
avalsoraj65

Postby Stelu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:01 pm

Hope they fix it soon, i'm addicted
Stelu

Postby Kitkat » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Are all posters here in u.s.? According to notopening.com, it appears only u.s. users are affected. Just curious.
Kitkat

Postby shamanalix » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:51 pm

Sarah L wrote:All the parts of the site I use are working. The contact tab up at the top of the page works. But there is nothing at the Archives tab, just a 500 something error. The interactive solver is there, filled with the last game on which I sought aid. Very nice! :D

The Contact tab and all the choices at the top of the Front Page are not there, just a junk/error code. The index is at the top of another page, but does not lead to working pages. If you can contact Customer Service at the site, please find out what's going on and when more will be fixed (especially Archives!). And tell us.
shamanalix

Postby Pat » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:04 pm

http://sudoku.org.uk/Publications.asp
(static) shows the menu

this page still exists --
http://sudoku.org.uk/Contact.asp
-- but responds "500" when you try using it

these fail ("500") --
http://sudoku.org.uk/Competitions.asp
http://sudoku.org.uk/Archives.asp
Pat

Postby ronk » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:17 pm

A mirror of this thread remains on the General sub-form. - Fixed
Last edited by ronk on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronk
2012 Supporter

Postby beachcomber6 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:28 am

Kitkat wrote:Are all posters here in u.s.? According to notopening.com, it appears only u.s. users are affected. Just curious.

I'm UK based and I'm having exactly the same results (or lack of results) as you guys. I know Splash Software are working on it and the changes in access/error messages indicate that; also the Splash Software site was originally down but now seems to function. Maybe they are having problems with software to 'apply credits' as I guess they didn't have a contingency or disaster plan to cope with long term downtime like this.
beachcomber6

Postby Greer Watson » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:40 am

I'm in Canada: I think the problems are global.

And frustrating. No doubt for them *almost* as much as for us. Still, I do hope they get the dailies/weeklies up and working soon.
Greer Watson

Postby Sarah L » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:41 pm

I realize now that when I said the Contact Us tab was working, that was not true. The page comes up with the form to make the comment, but when I try to send my comment, then the error comes up, as others have noted. Sorry for the incorrect status. I am glad others are posting their experiences. The good part is that I can work a puzzle or two each day, that is working as usual.
Sarah L

Postby rstadel » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:10 pm

Looks like the page is coming back to life. The top menu with the various tabs is now rendering properly. Some of the links work, but the all-important Competitions tab stil returns the 500 - Internal server error. Hopefully just around the corner.
rstadel

Postby GreenLantern » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:13 am

I found this forum after searching around after sudoku.org.uk disappeared. Good to see that it's being worked on and that others are asking about the site. Hopefully, the Daily Competition will come back soon. This Sunday will be two weeks since the puzzles were available.
GreenLantern

Postby Smythe Dakota » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:40 pm

I have been addicted to the Kakuro portion of this site for a long time, and I miss it too. It seems it had been down for at least two weeks.

Then, the other day, after several consecutive days of failure, I tried it again. Voila! It finally worked. So I was able to retrieve my Kakuro puzzles for the previous 10 days.

But just now, it failed again.

However, for the moment at least, the direct link seems to work. Try http://www.sudoku.org.uk/kakuroflash/kakuro.html. Lots of luck!

EDIT: But I can't add it to my Favorites in IE. It seems to destroy itself whenever I try. I guess I'll just have to come back to this post, every day, and click on the above.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

PreviousNext

Return to On the web