Who am I? (M3)

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby tarek » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:26 am

I finally got an answer right:D:D:D

This riddle was also good because it made me read A LOT, from the history of the Holy Lands to the gangs of North America, CHOPPER, and Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia (who would have made a fantastic "who am I" riddle).

Following udosuk's lead I was planning to give it away through Japanese WWII battleships or American heliocopter names....

By the way our character WAS SAINTED, If you don't believe me then you have to read a book with the title of "Saint ....[First Name]....":D:D

tarek
tarek

Postby underquark » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:51 pm

Ah, some resemblance to a Wizard of Oz character, perhaps (without the eventual perforations, of course).?
underquark

Postby emm » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:57 pm

I hope I don't appear bitter and twisted but I'd like to lodge a PROTEST which has nothing to do with having spent a week wandering around the Holy Land on a wild goose chase.

Which part of the food chain do Antipodeans belong to, MCC? Just because you can't see us doesn't mean we're not here! We could have at least been mixed (25 million frownie faces)
emm

Postby JPF » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:11 pm

JPF wrote:
Code: Select all
JPF
JPF
JPF

not an easy riddle for non Australians !
JPF
2017 Supporter

Postby udosuk » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:19 am

I must say I wimped out and asked tarek personally for the answer... Despite being an Aussie (I've admitted I'm quite un-Australian)...
Hey, where is Cec?
udosuk

Postby MCC » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:17 am

emm wrote:I hope I don't appear bitter and twisted but I'd like to lodge a PROTEST which has nothing to do with having spent a week wandering around the Holy Land on a wild goose chase.

Which part of the food chain do Antipodeans belong to, MCC? Just because you can't see us doesn't mean we're not here! We could have at least been mixed (25 million frownie faces)

Who was it, Moses, who wandered the wilderness for forty years.

Why do you think I prefaced my reply with this emm:?:
You don't make it easy do you emm.

If you're born in Australia then your Australian, as was Ned.

Mixed - to me mixed means of mixed race and Ned wasn't.

If you have asked - Antipodean:?: - I would have said yes.

Ned Kelly.

MCC
MCC

Postby MCC » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:23 am

JPF wrote:
JPF wrote:
Code: Select all
JPF
JPF
JPF

not an easy riddle for non Australians !

How about:

Java PathFinder:?:

Finds the route to the nearest cup of coffee.

MCC
MCC

Postby JPF » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Well done !

Here is your prize :

JPF
JPF
2017 Supporter

Postby udosuk » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:50 pm

Tsk tsk tsk... With all the Australian references the last few days I think I smell something unusual is waiting to happen... Perhaps the Australian Boomers will do an unthinkable upset on Dream Team VII tomorrow...:!:
udosuk

Postby emm » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:50 am

True story : In the NZ census this year there was no category for people to call themselves New Zealanders. The only option for people of European descent was 'European' which would have been the prevailing opinion at the time of the early settlers and understandable 100 odd years ago although it seems incredibly outdated now. To make the point, a large number of Kiwis in the latest census nominated their ethnicity as 'Other'.

Anyway excellent riddle, MCC and you know I was only quibbling because I was frustrated at not solving it, don't you? Without udosuk's clue I don't think I would have got it even after Tarek posted. Although I had played around with the initial letters, it never occurred to me to move across even though I heard you saying angle, angle, angle. I just didn't make the connection. I still don't get 7-2 :19.
emm

Postby MCC » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:07 am

emm wrote:I still don't get 7-2:19.

Album: Man in Black - track 7 - time 2m:19s

Man in Black.

Edit: Numerical error, corrected.

MCC
Last edited by MCC on Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCC

Postby emm » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:08 am

Ah!:idea:
emm

Previous

Return to Coffee bar