What am I? (24)

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

What am I? (24)

Postby Cec » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:51 pm

udosuk wrote:"Great answer Cec... Never use shoe polish myself so would never find the answer alone..."

What do you mean by "would never find the answer alone" ?

MCC wrote:Used time machine for sale, only travels into the future.

I call it a 'bed' - 7 or 8 hours go by in a blink of an eye or longer if you wish.

These two clues are why I'm not confident "shoe polish" will be the correct answer.

Cec
Cec

Re: What am I? (24)

Postby MCC » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:26 pm

Cec wrote:
Quote wrote:"This kiwi is australian"

MCC wrote:"Puts the shine back into your life."

There is a shoe polish made in Australia called "Kiwi" but some of the other clues don't seem to relate?. However I'll still say "shoe polish".

Cec

This is correct, well done Cec.

Kiwi shoe polish.

The bit about time travel is in response to uderquark's URL:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Other/auction-36725938.htm

MCC
MCC

Postby emm » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:05 am

Cec - congratulations on knowing a bit of downunder trivia that could be useful sometime:D

MCC - where had we done the original riddle before?

udosuk - you Aussies are always stealing our stuff. You’re not getting our kiwis. Or the Bledisloe Cup!Image

These aren't sportsmen wrote:Australian Yank = Rupert Murdoch

Kiwi Saffy = Irene van Dyke
emm

Postby udosuk » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:04 am

emm wrote:udosuk - you Aussies are always stealing our stuff. You’re not getting our kiwis. Or the Bledisloe Cup!Image

These aren't sportsmen wrote:Australian Yank = Rupert Murdoch

Kiwi Saffy = Irene van Dyke

Well done on the Irene van Dyk 2nd answer. For the 1st one you certainly have a much better answer then the one I had in mind... I was thinking about a certain homophobic, anglophobic, anti-semitic and alcoholic Hollywood superstar... Who shouldn't be considered "Aussie" at all...:)

I don't think we want your kiwis... Nor the Bledisloe Cup nor the netball world championship... We already have the women's basketball world champion and the world's best cricket team...:twisted:

Cec wrote:What do you mean by "would never find the answer alone" ?

If I had work out the answer myself, I would have "found it alone". But I didn't as I had found it out from you... For which I'm equally proud of...

I reckon Cec, a good citizen of the state of Victoria, is as "True Blue" Australian as me (if not more)... Since you're supporting our Sydney Swans in the AFL final, I'll return the favour by supporting your Melbourne Storm in the NRL final... Best wishes to our teams!:D
udosuk

What am I? (24)

Postby Cec » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:50 am

udosuk wrote:"...If I had work out the answer myself, I would have "found it alone". But I didn't as I had found it out from you... For which I'm equally proud of..."

Ahh! Gee.. thanks udosuk:) .. you've made me go all blushy. As for my "Kiwi" answer. I'm still in shock for working out one of MCC's intriguing riddles.

I'll be barracking for the "Swans" but I think the "Eagles" will win this one. I'll watch the NRL Final and ask my wife to explain some of the rules.

Cec
Cec

Postby tarek » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:41 am

udosuk wrote:I was thinking about a certain homophobic, anglophobic, anti-semitic and alcoholic Hollywood superstar... Who shouldn't be considered "Aussie" at all...:)

If Mel Gibson appeared on Neighbours, then there is nothing you can do about it.......:D

Nicole Kidman still preserves her Australian accent. Russel Crow & Eric Bana need all their acting skills to hide the accent

tarek
tarek

Postby MCC » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:44 am

emm wrote:...MCC - where had we done the original riddle before?

A touch of Deja vu:?:

emm, if your referring to:

"This kiwi is australian"

I don't think it's been done before.

Or this:

MCC wrote:I am used in the construction of buildings.
I am nearly always left behind on site.

Although I still get a strong feeling that it's been done before, I don't think it was on this web site in this Universe, but rather in an alternate Universe.

Could "Deja vu" be an indication that parallel Universes exist:?:

MCC
MCC

Postby underquark » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:57 pm

MCC will write/might have written/ wrote:Could "Deja vu" be an indication that parallel Universes exist:?:
I just knew/know/will have known that you were going to say that.
underquark

Postby emm » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:52 am

I think the déjà vu was all yours MCC

I have no memory of this riddle in any of my past lives or from any of myImage other planets

Douglas Adams wrote:The first thing to realize about parallel universes …. is that they are not parallel. It is also important to realize that they are not, strictly speaking, universes either, but it is easiest if you try and realize that a little later, after you've realized that everything you've realized up to that moment is not true.

The reason they are not universes is that any given universe ... is just a way of looking at what is generally known as the WSOGMM ... the Whole Sort of General Mish Mash doesn't actually exist either, but it is just the sum total of all the different ways there would be of looking at it if it did.

The reason they are not parallel is the same reason that the sea is not parallel. It doesn't mean anything. You can slice the Whole Sort of General Mish Mash any way you like and you will generally come up with something that someone will call home.
emm

Postby tarek » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:08 am

Is that what Douglas Adams uses to describe DREAMS, HALLUCINATIONS and DELUSIONS:?:

tarek
tarek

Postby MCC » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:38 am

emm wrote:...I have no memory of this riddle in any of my past lives or from any of myImage other planets

emm wrote:MCC - where had we done the original riddle before?

You want proof; One emm has no memory of the riddle and the other emm does:idea:

MCC
MCC

Postby emm » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:18 am

Where did you get the idea that I remember the riddle, MCC?

Neither of me remembers it.Image

It's you that remembers the riddle, remember.
emm

Previous

Return to Coffee bar