What am I? (24)

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

What am I?(24)

Postby Cec » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:53 am

udosuk wrote:
MCC wrote:
udosuk wrote:2. Are you a certain body part?

No. No body parts are involved.

Cec, I think this probably ruled out my attempt there, which was "eyes"....

Yes udosuk, that would seem to be the case. My mistake in overlooking MCC had previously stated "body parts" are not involved in the answer. I'm still searching for an answer?

Cec
Cec
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: 16 June 2005

Postby MCC » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:31 am

emm wrote:I guess the common word is corners - maybe MCC didn't deny it because you didn't put it forward with confidence, udosuk.

If udosuk doesn't get the big cheque, I'll log in right angle as an alternative - I think that's a better fit with nearly always left behind on site.:D

The answer is "right angle", well done emm:D

Corners was supposed to direct you in the right direction.

Right angles are used throughout construction work, from the laying out of the foundations to the actual building.

I am nearly always left behind on site.

Some buildings have been constructed so as to have no right angles within them, although right angles would have been used in the initial layout.


MCC
MCC
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: 08 June 2005

What am I? (24)

Postby Cec » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:28 am

Well done emm - seems the rest of us approached this one at the"wrong" angle:)

Cec
Cec
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: 16 June 2005

Postby MCC » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:42 pm

emm wrote:How about angles?


I posted "Is this the right answer:?: "

I thought someone would get it from this.


MCC
MCC
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: 08 June 2005

Postby udosuk » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:51 pm

Well done emm... Other than the correct answer you also posted 2 great ones in backdoors and hands...:)
udosuk
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: 17 July 2005

Postby emm » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:05 pm

Thanks udosuk, it was a good riddle with a number of tantalisingly close-but-not-quite possibilities.

udosuk wrote:emm, I think people are supposed to say "Lock it in, Eddie!" not log...:?:

I think they are too. I have obviously been spending too much time on the computer and not enough in front of the TV!Image

udosuk wrote:I always have the impression you are a Brit

What led you to assume I was British? Was it my abhorrence of the mention of sex or my impeccably good manners?:D
You know appearances can be deceiving. I’m neither British nor Australian.

I’m from your enlightened nuclear-free neighbour, the first country in the world to give women the right to vote (1893)Image
emm
 
Posts: 987
Joined: 02 July 2005

Postby underquark » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:57 pm

Image
underquark
 
Posts: 299
Joined: 06 September 2005

Re: What am I? (24)

Postby Cec » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:12 am

Cec wrote:Well done emm - seems the rest of us approached this one at the "wrong" angle:)

MCC wrote:
emm wrote:How about angles?


I posted "Is this the right answer:?: "

I thought someone would get it from this.


My "wrong" angle was a jovial comment:) Looking again at MCC's above "Is this the right answer:?: " I agree it is surprising that one of us, including me, didn't get on to this quicker.

A thoroughly enjoyable riddle of nice length and enough twists to hold interest to the end.

Cec
Cec
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: 16 June 2005

Postby MCC » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:40 am

A quickie riddle for you.

This kiwi is australian.

What am I:?:


MCC
MCC
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: 08 June 2005

Postby udosuk » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:50 am

MCC wrote:A quickie riddle for you.

This kiwi is australian.

What am I:?:


If the question was "Who" instead of "What", the straight-forward answer would be Russell Crowe...:)

Along that line, we could put forth a couple more:

This Aussie is a Yank. Who am I?

This Saffa is a Kiwi. Who am I?

:D

PS: I can't believe there exists such a thing...:!:

Australian Kiwi

Also, there is this piece of "kids news"...
udosuk
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: 17 July 2005

Postby MCC » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:16 pm

It is not Russel Crowe nor any other human being. (That leads to the question... better not.)

Re riddle: You wouldn't want to eat this.

Film title "Out of Australia" starring the kiwi.


Clue wrote:You'll need to put your best foot forward here.


As for:
udosuk wrote:This Aussie is a Yank. Who am I?

This Saffa is a Kiwi. Who am I?

I'll assume these are sportsmen, so I'll leave these to others to resolve.


MCC
MCC
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: 08 June 2005

Postby underquark » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:41 pm

underquark
 
Posts: 299
Joined: 06 September 2005

Postby MCC » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:18 am

Used time machine for sale, only travels into the future.

I call it a 'bed' - 7 or 8 hours go by in a blink of an eye or longer if you wish.


Re:
This kiwi is australian.

Puts the shine back into your life.


MCC
MCC
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: 08 June 2005

What am I? (24)

Postby Cec » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:06 am

Quote wrote:"This kiwi is australian"

MCC wrote:"Puts the shine back into your life."

There is a shoe polish made in Australia called "Kiwi" but some of the other clues don't seem to relate?. However I'll still say "shoe polish".

Cec
Cec
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: 16 June 2005

Postby udosuk » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:19 pm

Great answer Cec... Never use shoe polish myself so would never find the answer alone...

MCC wrote:Used time machine for sale, only travels into the future.

I call it a 'bed' - 7 or 8 hours go by in a blink of an eye or longer if you wish.

There are too many much more interesting and enjoyable activities one could do on a bed than mere time travelling...:idea:

MCC wrote:I'll assume these are sportsmen, so I'll leave these to others to resolve.

You're WRONG in making that assumption. Neither of these persons are sportsmen. But I don't expect you to be able to resolve these anyway...:twisted:
udosuk
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: 17 July 2005

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee bar

cron