What am I? (15)

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby MCC » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:02 pm

Cec, you're probably just too tired to concentrate at the moment, so in the morning click the 'wikipedia' link.
The '2006 World cup results etc' link,is just that, the latest stats on the World cup.

MCC
MCC

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:03 pm

Oh alright then, keep the answer:(

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby MCC » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:17 pm

Luna, the name has been mentioned.

Go to Underquark's first imaged - click on quote - you'll see a web address - part of that address, at the very end, is a name - then look at any one of the anagrams.

MCC
MCC

Re: What am I? (15)

Postby udosuk » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:19 pm

Cec wrote:
underquark wrote:{img]http://www.v-brazil.com/culture/sports/world-cup/jules-rimet.jpg[/img}

Interestingly, if you drop all the punctuation from this address, there are 13 consecutive letters that form an "anagram" of the 13-letter answer...:idea:

redundant hinter wrote:You might have heard of the Planet of Muscle - Jupiter that is...
udosuk

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:21 pm

So, is it Jules Rimet Cup?

Is that supposed to be a name?

:(

Luna *giving up, now*
lunababy_moonchild

Postby underquark » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:32 pm

udosuk wrote:Interestingly, if you drop all the punctuation from this address, there are 13 consecutive letters that form an "anagram" of the 13-letter answer...:idea:

Yes, and since it's actually officially called the "Jules Rimet Trophy" I tried to deliberately search out an image with the word "cup" in it somewhere in order to include the anagram.
underquark

Postby Cec » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:22 pm

Ah! "Gotcha". So it was Jules Rimet Cup . Yes.. now I remember.. I had one of those years ago and the back wheels fell off:) At least I don't feel as embarrassed now knowing the answer. And to think MCC said "An easy one whilst the football is on":D
edited by Cec at 10am

Cec
Cec

Postby Cec » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:06 am

Oops! I forgot to thank all the above who were giving clues to help me solve this riddle rather than simply telling me the answer.

Cec
Cec

Postby MCC » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:54 am

underquark wrote:...Yes, and since it's actually officially called the "Jules Rimet Trophy" I tried to deliberately search out an image with the word "cup" in it somewhere in order to include the anagram.

This BBC link can't seem to make up it's mind whether to call it trophy or cup.

cec wrote:And to think MCC said "An easy one whilst the football is on"

I thought that once people caught on that I was posting anagrams the riddle would be solved. I did say it was topical.

Anyway, well done to all:D

MCC
MCC

Postby Cec » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:56 am

MCC wrote:
cec wrote:And to think MCC said "An easy one whilst the football is on"

I thought that once people caught on that I was posting anagrams the riddle would be solved. I did say it was topical.

My apologies MCC...with a clearer head I can see my above comment should have been worded better. It was intended to be jovial with the emoticon:D on the end and meant to reflect on my own shortcomings in not being able to solve this riddle which most others were able to do after you posted the anagrams.

I can see a funny side to all this .. After my lucky early guess that the riddle related to the World Cup I thought I had a chance to solve it quickly.... little did I know what was ahead of me:):)

Cec
Cec

Postby MCC » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:33 pm

I wasn't having a go at you Cec so no apologies needed:)

MCC
MCC

Previous

Return to Coffee bar