What am I? (15)

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby MCC » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:13 pm

There is a logical reason behind that extra 's', I just copied it down wrongly, it shouldn't be there. I can only think that because 'upsets' flows better than 'upset' my mind did not see it.

Whilst I strum, ice julep is what I drink.

MCC
MCC

Postby udosuk » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:25 pm

Is there an umpire or umpires?:?:
Anybody wearing a jump-suit or jumper-suit, or simply a jumper or jumpers?:?:
udosuk

Postby underquark » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:56 pm

underquark

What am I(15)

Postby Cec » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:01 am

Hi underquark,
What's this photo about ? or is it the next riddle?:) I still can't solve this No 15 "World Cup" riddle.

Cec
Cec

Postby MCC » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:19 am

Looks like the winner is Underquark, well done.

Cec the answer is staring you in the face. Say cheese.

MCC
MCC

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:02 am

I don't know who's in the photo either:(

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

What am I ?(15)

Postby Cec » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:37 am

MCC wrote:Cec the answer is staring you in the face. Say cheese.

I still can't recognize the faces or the cup or understand underquark"s "anagrammy". I'm assuming it's not "The World Cup". Help desparately needed to avoid throwing computer monitor through window.:)

Cec
Cec

Postby Crazy Girl » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:45 am

cec,

using the letters of the anagram, (stated by underquark and udosuk) try to find three words, that is the name of a cup that was won in The World Cup football competition a (long) while ago.

:)
Crazy Girl

Postby MCC » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:46 am

lunababy_moonchild wrote:I don't know who's in the photo either:(

Luna

Neither do I:D

cec wrote:I'm assuming it's not "The World Cup".

A rose by any other name will smell just as sweet.

Clue: First word sounds like the plural of the SI term for unit of work or energy.

MCC
MCC

Postby udosuk » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:05 am

Right click on the photo. Copy down the file name. Add 3 letters (what are you suppose to pour tea/coffee into?) after the bit before ".jpg"...:idea:
udosuk

What am I? (15)

Postby Cec » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:16 pm

I'm trying to solve one riddle - now I've got another four - I've just tied monitor to computer table before I tackle these riddles.:)
Crazy Girl wrote:cec.... try to find three words, that is the name of a cup that was won in The World Cup football competition a (long) while ago.:)

The problem is I don't follow soccer so I wouldn't know who won a long while ago even looking at the various words you suggest - Thanks anyway.
MCC wrote:"A rose by any other name will smell just as sweet."

It will when I know the name:) - still can't get it!

Clue: First word sounds like the plural of the SI term for unit of work or energy.

Don't know what "SI term" means but I think the unit of work or energy is "erg" so the plural would be "ergs" - still can't get it !
underquark wrote:{img]http://www.v-brazil.com/culture/sports/world-cup/jules-rimet.jpg[/img}

udosuk wrote:Right click on the photo. Copy down the file name. Add 3 letters (what are you suppose to pour tea/coffee into?) after the bit before ".jpg"...:idea:

Well.. I'd pour tea/coffee into a "cup" rather than saying "a mug" which is how I'm feeling.:)

Is it "The Metropolitan Cup"? or the "Brazil Cup"?

Cec
Cec

Postby udosuk » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:16 pm

Oh Cec, if you haven't been following soccer it's a good time to start now... Our boys are for real this time! Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!:!:

Anyway I'm guessing you already knew the answer a long while ago and is just mucking around with us... ("The Aussie Spirit":) ) If that's not right then I apologize... BTW I said the file name, not the whole URL address... But you'll be fully pardoned if computing is not your major subject...:D
udosuk

Postby MCC » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:16 pm

Come on Cec, I know you can get this:D

Cec, click on this link.
Wikipedia
Enter these words in the search box on left of screen - Football World cup - then click go.
Your get a page of results, click on the third one down.

2006 World cup results etc.

MCC
MCC

What am I (15)

Postby Cec » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:33 pm

MCC wrote:Cec, click on this link.
Wikipedia
Enter these words in the search box on left of screen - Football World cup - then click go.
Your get a page of results, click on the third one down.

Quite seriously. I haven't been egging you on and embarassed not to be able to follow these hints. . I still can't get to a page of results but I'm assuming the following link is what you are referring to:
2006 World cup results etc.
When I click on that link I still can't see a "page of results to click on the third one down". It's 1.30am now so well past my bedtime.

I'll try your hints and udosuk's further hints tomorrow and duly reply.

Cec
Cec

Postby underquark » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:54 pm

Not a clue; more a state of mind:

underquark

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee bar