Postby dobrichev » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:09 pm

Bravo!
dobrichev
2016 Supporter

Re: scan solution grids for 17 clues as of blue

Postby champagne » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:52 am

dobrichev wrote:Bravo!

Merci !!

but still a long way to come to the conclusion with my poor free cycles. Till now, it seems difficult to find new 17s. I should have covered the first 100 bands pass1 before my 3 months vacation. The search will continue, but any power failure will stop the process.

Happy Christmas 'several days off in Paris on my side)
champagne
2017 Supporter

Postby champagne » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:39 pm

champagne wrote: Till now, it seems difficult to find new 17s. I should have covered the first 100 bands pass1 before my 3 months vacation. The search will continue, but any power failure will stop the process.

I had covered the 100 first bands before departure, but I had 2 errors to check.

The results are very similar to the first bands:

all expected 17 clues are there and no new appeared.

Next check will come beginning of April hoping that no power failure stopped the process. If all is ok, most of the pass1 (band 3 >=7 clues) should be covered and part of the pass 2a should be finished
champagne
2017 Supporter

Postby champagne » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:14 pm

a new milestone in this project

back after three months, I have a better view of the ongoing job.

No power failure, but an error in some batches of command lines reducing the throughput.

With a good sample of close batches for the phase 1 (puzzles with >=7 clues in a band/stack) , I can expect an average run time around 0.09 second per solution grid with my bunch of cores (7 cores run in parallel).

As nobody came with free cores, this means about 9 months to cover the phase 1, about 1/3 already closed.

I check closed files when an entire 10 band 1 sequence is closed. So far only entries 1 to 110 have been checked. Entry 124 is missing to check the group 120-129.

All known 17 are there, but no new one came.

I have some data on the phase 2b, (puzzles with a distribution 6,6,5 in bands and stacks) to analyse to give a first estimate of the time needed to cover this phase.

Next milestone should come in 2 to 3 weeks unless something of value appears
champagne
2017 Supporter

Previous

Return to Software