Funny Farm!

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby udosuk » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:26 pm

The meta-puzzle's answer is a 6-letter word, which is the first word of a particular 3-word term. You can also crack it by entering the full 3-word term.

Perhaps last time I was too vague, I'll repeat here in detail again:

This is another "mini-game" offered on the same site:

http://shygypsy.com/az/p.pl

At first you see a single letter "a" and a long rectangular box. You need to figure out an answer to reach the next stage, and enter that answer into the box (much like what you did in the Funny Farm game).

If you pay attention to the title bar of your browser, it says "From A to craZy". Naturally it means the puzzle has something to do with the order of alphabets. So uppon seeing an "a", instinctively you enter "b" into the box and see how it goes. Voila! The "question" changes to "bee". Now the next answer should be something related to "c". I won't spoil your fun too much and you guys can try and see how far you get!:):idea:
udosuk

Postby coloin » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:07 pm

Well, I got to "english"........does it really stop here ??

Edit - no it goes on !!!!

But stuck on "giraffe"....not really sure what Im doing here...but im doing something right !

Ive found the answer for the metapuzzle .......and its not even remotely funny farmish or clever

aurora

Am I supposed to have heard of "that 70s show" ?

Googling "x-files that 70s show wisconsin hospital" gives the answer !!

Fairly crass

C
coloin

Postby udosuk » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:33 am

coloin wrote:But stuck on "giraffe"....not really sure what Im doing here...but im doing something right !

You're on the right track. Basically, you have to find another word with "g" replaced by "h" and similar consonant-vowel structure as well as similar context. (Not necessary the identical number of letters though.)

It gets more and more exciting as you trot down towards the "z"!:)

coloin wrote:Ive found the answer for the metapuzzle .......and its not even remotely funny farmish or clever

It has to do with the type of hospital and the (American) meaning of the term "funny farm".:idea:

Actually, I found it quite clever.:)
udosuk

Postby coloin » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:45 am

wikipedia wrote:Funny farm is a slang term for a psychiatric hospital. This term is considered by many to be offensive. It uses "funny" in the slangy sense of "not quite right in the head".

coloin wrote:Ive found the answer for the metapuzzle .......and its not even remotely funny farmish or clever

It is offensive.

But the puzzle format was good...............

Ive got to "giraffe", as you say by somehow guessing and changing the words and letters......have you really got to z [?zebra?]

C
coloin

Postby udosuk » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:06 pm

Oh, I didn't realise that it was an offensive term. Apologies to anyone who felt offended.:(

The answer to giraffe is another similar concept starting with the letter 'h'.

Believe me, it gets much much more interesting than "zebra" down the line!:)
udosuk

Previous

Return to Coffee bar