20 Questions (MCC1)

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

20 questions(MCC1)

Postby Cec » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:53 pm

I'll be away for a few days and won't have access to the Forum. I've thought the answer might be related to solving a sudoku puzzle but I'm hesitant to put this as a question as MCC says it's not associated with the arts. This is just a thought if it might help to reach the answer. Looking forward to knowing the answer. Cheers to all.

Cec
Cec

Postby underquark » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:27 am

Oh, I'm hesitant too; but only about using up all the guesses and not giving others a chance. So - not a guess but just some thoughts -

Paper is involved
Not printed matter

Something that interacts with printed matter, maybe?
underquark

Postby tarek » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:33 am

underquark, I like the phrase .... "interacts with printed matter" .... I would have probably used "intimate relashionship with":D

tarek
tarek

Postby tarek » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:30 pm

I believe that underquark posed a question .......... we can't ask anymore questions until an answer is provided.

tarek
tarek

Postby MCC » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:40 pm

underquark wrote:Something that interacts with printed matter, maybe?

Maybe. (At first I took it to be a rhetorical question but rethinking it..)

Are you a physical object?
Would you fit in a box of size 1m x 1m x 1m?
Were you created/crafted by an Earth-dwelling living entity?
To serve your function/purpose in general, do you & all your parts have to remain static ?
Do some people make use of you in the ordinary course of their work?
Do you hold it when you use it?
Is paper involved in either your composition or the performance of your function?
Yes.

Are you a household item? (more No than yes. )
Would I expect to find you on my desk in my office?
Maybe.

Are you powered by electricity?
Are you associated with the arts?
Are you generally found in a garden?
Was it used as a murder weapon/tool in some known movies ?
If you were constructed in a manner by which every smaller part/area/volume of you is of the same consistancy as the rest, could you still serve your purpose/function ?
Are you a map or other printed matter?
No.

4 questions left.

MCC
MCC

Postby Ruud » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:04 pm

I know I'm going out on a limb as a late arrival on this thread, but I have to ask this question:

Is one of your materials an adhesive substance:?:

Ruud
Ruud

Postby MCC » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:25 am

Ruud wrote:Is one of your materials an adhesive substance:?:

No.

Are you a physical object?
Would you fit in a box of size 1m x 1m x 1m?
Were you created/crafted by an Earth-dwelling living entity?
To serve your function/purpose in general, do you & all your parts have to remain static ?
Do some people make use of you in the ordinary course of their work?
Do you hold it when you use it?
Is paper involved in either your composition or the performance of your function?
Yes.

Are you a household item? (more No than yes. )
Would I expect to find you on my desk in my office?
Maybe.

Are you powered by electricity?
Are you associated with the arts?
Are you generally found in a garden?
Was it used as a murder weapon/tool in some known movies ?
If you were constructed in a manner by which every smaller part/area/volume of you is of the same consistancy as the rest, could you still serve your purpose/function ?
Are you a map or other printed matter?
Is one of your materials an adhesive substance?
No.

3 questions left.

MCC
MCC

Postby emm » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:02 am

Oooh, feel the tension!

I’m wondering what underquark had in mind by interacts with printed matter?
Something like a file or a folder that would hold papers? MCC, don’t count this as a question - I’m just musing.
I need to bounce a few ideas around before I make a move.
emm

Postby tarek » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:34 am

The problem with this object is that it can't be constructed in whole by the same material.......... A folder can be constructed of the same material.........

That is why Printed materials ......postage stamps ..........adhesive tapes would have made good guesses but now it is not a printed material & with no adhesive.......... Tools are out of the equation as they require some form of mothion to use....

Focusing on something that is related to paper somehow & maybe found on the desk at your work

tarek
tarek

Postby MCC » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:47 am

tarek wrote:The problem with this object is that it can't be constructed in whole by the same material..........

Can't it:?:

tarek wrote:Tools are out of the equation as they require some form of mothion to use....

Do they:?:

tarek wrote:Focusing on something that is related to paper somehow & maybe found on the desk at your work

That is true.

Three (helpful?) hints.

MCC
MCC

20 questions (MCC1)

Postby Cec » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:30 am

MCC wrote:
tarek wrote:Focusing on something that is related to paper somehow & maybe found on the desk at your work

That is true.

Gee!... two days without a question ...feels like the last three steps leading up to the guillotine. This offers a clue so I'm thinking it might be something to do with a sudoku puzzle but MCC also says above that it is not printed material.??? Just a thought.

Cec
Cec

Postby tarek » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:54 am

MCC wrote:
tarek wrote:The problem with this object is that it can't be constructed in whole by the same material..........

Can't it:?:

tarek wrote:Tools are out of the equation as they require some form of mothion to use....

Do they:?:

hmmmm, I based my conclusions based on:
MCC wrote:

Yes.

No.

That is why everybody went with books, maps, stamps, adhesive tapes...

Does anyone have any thoughts to correct me, I'm apparantly taking the wrong path......

tarek
tarek

Postby MCC » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:42 pm

I took this:

To mean something like an eraser where all parts of it can serve the same purpose or like an adhesive tape.

MCC
MCC

20 questions(MCC1)

Postby Cec » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:19 am

I can't see how the answer could be an "eraser" because to serve it's function/purpose in general, all parts of this object have to remain static as mentioned by MCC above.

Cec
Cec

Postby tarek » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:59 pm

MCC wrote:I took this:

To mean something like an eraser where all parts of it can serve the same purpose or like an adhesive tape.

What I was after was that the object had the same consistancy all over & still able to serve its function/purpose.......I wasn't after every smaller bit capable of serving the same function.....

so a solid metal paperweight falls under that.... a folder holding stamps CAN have the same consistancy all over & still serve its function.......

Complex objects like the fountain pen or the thermometer or printed material obviously can't.

tarek
tarek

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee bar