Wimbledon

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:26 pm

I watched this match from the beginning and was hoping for a closer one - to me it's more exciting - but I have to say Federer took my breath away in the same way that Bjorn Borg did when he played (and won) Wimbledon. I've always liked baseliners, I think that the game is a lot more graceful and elegant somehow.

Nadal, to me, was astonishing. I saw him play at Queen's Club and he didn't look like a contender, especially when he pulled out with a shoulder injury, but when he started to play at Wimbledon it was like a totally different player.

Thanks to all who took part in this thread:D

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Wimbledon

Postby Cec » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:09 am

udosuk wrote:Surprise surprise... Mr. Federer won his 4th title in a row...:)

There have been great players over the years but in my opinion Federer is the best I've seen. If my memory serves me correctly Borg won five Wimbledon's in a row. Baring injury Federer could achieve or surpass this amazing feat.

Cec
Cec

Postby udosuk » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:07 am

Sampras won 7 in 8 years (including 4 straight from 1997-2000)... (Some) Aussies might like to see Hewitt winning next year to break Federer's run...

BTW the Chinese won the women's doubles again... Good for them... Not surprisingly right after the men's singles final the TV coverage here opted to show an AFL match instead of them...
udosuk

Previous

Return to Coffee bar