What am I? (6)

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby MCC » Tue May 09, 2006 9:08 am

underquark wrote:There's also a set of rock painting art forms near Kimberely, South Africa (near where the diamonds come from) so what makes the Oz solution unique?:

Now since you have pointed out that there is rock art in South Africa my solution is not unique.
If I had known this, I would have phrased my riddle differently to take this into account.

If you had pointed this out before Udosuk posted his answer, I would have declared you the winner, but since you didn't, I'll award you a biodegradable plastic medal in education for uncovering new knowledge.

Yes, this was an antipodean special for udosuk, emm and cec.

I'd also came across the wikipedia reference but not till after I'd posted the riddle, I never got around to using any of it.

MCC
MCC

Postby underquark » Tue May 09, 2006 11:40 am

underquark wrote:Abstruse, or what? How about Kimberley diamonds?
Sorry, but that was meant to be a hint at you to check for uniqueness. I thought I'd better play along by equally vague.
underquark

Postby udosuk » Tue May 09, 2006 12:06 pm

Genius work, underquark... If I'd spotted the answer (and its alternative) that early I wouldn't have hesitated to post both of them out in details to claim double prize money (in biodegradable plastic notes preferably)...:D

Actually is it pure coincidence for 2 ancient rock art sites in the Southern Hemisphere to be in places sharing the same name? Probably not as likely as that name being shared by a Girls Aloud member and a Neighbour actress...:?:
udosuk

Postby MCC » Tue May 09, 2006 3:58 pm

What:!: Are you setting me homework now:?:

MCC
MCC

Postby MCC » Tue May 09, 2006 4:05 pm

underquark wrote:
underquark wrote:Abstruse, or what? How about Kimberley diamonds?
Sorry, but that was meant to be a hint at you to check for uniqueness. I thought I'd better play along by equally vague.

Abstruse, or what?

Underquark, I did reply to your post with:
MCC wrote:The brilliance of Underquark's post (was he telling the truth) may lead you to the wrong path.

This was before I knew there was another solution with yours referring to South Africa.

MCC
MCC

What am I (6)

Postby Cec » Wed May 10, 2006 3:04 am

udosuk wrote:"... So did you tailor-make this one for me or Cec ..."

I really enjoy reading these "What am I's" and I'm only sorry I can't contribute. Like udosuk I also live in Australia and have never watched "Neighbours" either. The replies and MCC's masterful art of answering these replies leading to solving the riddles are a treat. Well done to all:)

Cec
Cec

Previous

Return to Coffee bar