What am I? (29)

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Re: What am I? (29)

Postby Cec » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:43 am

Out of curiousity I couldn't understand the hint "Look up" and "Look down"...explanation would be appreciated.

Another curious thought:?:

JPF wrote:That's why E=mc²

Was this also intended to be a riddle?

E = Energy
mc2 = m x c x c = MxCxC = MCC
So MCC = Energy or
MCC = Enthusiastic or
MCC = Entertainer or ???????:)

Cec

edited by Cec 9.15pm.
Cec

Postby Bigtone53 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:29 pm

JPF wrote:

That's why E=mc²

I doubt it. Apart from the nice connection with MCC, the reason c is the standard symbol for the speed of light (as in the famous Einstein formula) is that celeritas is the Latin for speed. As I mentioned earlier, my Latin helped me here.

I still cannot get over udosuk's favourite vegetable being celery!
Bigtone53

Postby udosuk » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:14 pm

Bigtone53 wrote:I still cannot get over udosuk's favourite vegetable being celery!

If you follow my "NBA talk" thread, you'll know where I came from... In my (original) culture that particular vegetable is quite a popular food, and good to your health too... However I could understand why many people (especially Europeans and Americans) don't like it... A matter of taste I suppose...:)

Cec wrote:Out of curiousity I couldn't understand the hint "Look up" and "Look down"...explanation would be appreciated.

"Look up" the dictionary, find the word "celebrity", and then "look down" to find the next item (I guess)...:idea:
udosuk

What am I? (29)

Postby Cec » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:18 pm

Thanks Bigtone53 and udosuk for your thoughts.

Cec
Cec

Re: What am I? (29)

Postby JPF » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:05 pm

Cec wrote:
JPF wrote:That's why E=mc²

You got it:D

JPF
JPF
2017 Supporter

Postby MCC » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:05 pm

Chalk me up as another celery eater.

As udosuk has stated, "look up" the word "celebrity" then "look down" two words to "celerity".

Looking at that section of the dictionary, with the words in the order they appear, you can derive this:

A certain celebrant, a celebrity, was eating celeriac with celerity or was it celery? whilst playing the celesta or it may have been the celeste celestial(ly).

MCC
MCC

Postby udosuk » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:07 pm

MCC wrote:A certain celebrant, a celebrity, was eating celeriac with celerity or was it celery? whilst playing the celesta or it may have been the celeste celestial(ly).

And it's celebration time!:D
udosuk

Previous

Return to Coffee bar