Water, water (hopefully not everywhere)

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Water, water (hopefully not everywhere)

Postby Cec » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:09 am

TKiel wrote:Cec,"Think larger amount of water."

I'm guessing now so what about "How long to prime the filter."
Alternative answer.... "How long did it take for the kids to jump in the pool":)

Cec
Cec

Postby TKiel » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:59 am

The kids were in the pool when it happened.

Tracy
TKiel

Water, water (hopefully not every where)

Postby Cec » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:40 pm

I'm not game enough to continue this riddle:)

Cec
Cec

Water, water, everywhere

Postby TKiel » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:54 pm

What took 22 hours to do, took 15 seconds to undo.

Tracy
TKiel

Re: Water, water, everywhere

Postby Cec » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:20 pm

It took 22 hours to fill the pool .. I'm missing something here because I can't see how the pool could empty in 15 seconds even if it was torn. What about "remove hose from pool and wind it up?" I'm now off to bed hoping for good news tomorrow including usoduk's card trick explanation.

Cec
Cec

Postby Hud » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:46 pm

I'm guessing it took 15 seconds for one of the kids to puke in the pool.

My daughter found a dead rabbit floating in her pool on Saturday. We suggested that she dump 2 gallons of liquid chlorine in to kill the bacteria.
Hud

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:57 pm

Or for some other bodily fluid to seep into the pool.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Hud » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:39 pm

Luna, I was going to speculate about that possibility, but I don't think the kids would confess to that. I also hope it wasn't a "Baby Ruth".
Hud

Postby underquark » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:42 pm

For anyone who doesn't know what a Baby Ruth is, follw this link:
http://www.orapois.com/br/arquivos/09102003084653755g.swf

You might need to click on it a fw times or copy it and open in a spearate browser window and ignore any "not permitted" messages.
underquark

Postby TKiel » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:58 pm

Well, this isn't going as well as one of MCC's riddles, so I'll just end it now.

The pool did more than tear. it totally collapsed. My fault, as I hadn't connected the ends properly (which I knew), but the end result was water, water, everywhere. The goldfish loved it because it filled parts of the backyard with about 4" (10cm) of water and overflowed the pond. Fortunately, the sliding door into the basement was closed and fairly watertight as only a little managed to leak in. Also, fortunate in that the yard has a fair amount of slope away from the house and the water drained pretty quickly. Of course, we did have to rescue a few of the more adventurous fish who, seeing an opportunity that looked like it lead to freedom, didn't realize it was the slippery slope to death.

So now we're left with the shattered remains of an above ground pool and a 28' circle in the yard. The kids are already talking about replacing it with an even larger pool but they suggested that we let the professionals install it. Sounds like the way to go.

Tracy
TKiel

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:15 pm

Deary me. I'd just like to point out that I said "bodily fluid", which could have been a nose bleed, thank you very much.

Anyway. Underquark's link now works cos I edited out the full stop at the end of the line (which I didn't think merited the green 'Edited by Luna' treatment).

So, Tracy you did actually need to know how much water was in the pool, just in case you needed to have it pumped back out of the garden. I hope that you got all the fish back into their pond safely and that the kids were not in the pool when it collapsed

Luna
Last edited by lunababy_moonchild on Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lunababy_moonchild

Postby underquark » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:19 pm

Thanks, Luna. One of my kids was about to have a bodily fluid accident and you can tell by my typing that the post was a rushed job (no pun intended).
underquark

Postby udosuk » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:15 am

Sorry to hear about that Tracy... Any plan for a "reconstruction"?:?:
udosuk

Postby TKiel » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:31 pm

My wife and kids were in the pool when it happened, so we decided to blame it on the wife as that was her first time in and the kids had been in many times previously.

We are thinking about putting up another pool, but it will have to be a totally new one as many parts were broken/twisted/bent and as such are not reusable. The remnants will be making their way to the metal recycler's in a day or two.

Today, my wife had the idea of using the leftover depression (in the ground, not in my head) as a catch basin for a homemade slip-and-slide. It worked great and the kids had a blast. So it wasn't a total waste of over a years worth of effort and money.

Tracy

P.s. Anybody know how to figure out how much force the water applies to the walls of a pool?
TKiel

Postby TKiel » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:48 pm

The following bit of incriminating evidence was pointed out to me by pm:

underquark wrote:Is this a solid pool or one of them soft-walled, collapsible ones?

made on Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:09 pm.

to which I replied
It has solid sides...

Little did I know that it would turn out to be both.

So, uh, underquark/nostrodamus, can you tell me what numbers to play in the lottery?
And where were you on Saturday July 1, 2006 2:06pm EST?

Tracy
TKiel

Previous

Return to Coffee bar