The Times Su Doku Championships

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Postby atwyatt » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:19 pm

Does anyone know where I can find the solutions to the 2 posted Su Doku puzzles at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1829510,00.html ?
atwyatt

Postby tarek » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:24 pm

I couldn't find a link to a solution.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post solutions just like that. Hopefully someone would help you with that.
tarek

Postby PaulIQ164 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:26 pm

I don't know if they've actually been published, but it shouldn't be hard to find a page on the internet that solves them (there are several, but annoyingly no names spring to mind).
PaulIQ164

Postby CathyW » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:39 am

You can't get the solutions by entering the first five numbers on the solutions page either!

While described as Ultra Fiendish, I don't think they're as difficult as some of the Sunday Times Superiors - although I did make use of the uniqueness principle in solving the second one which I didn't know about when they were published in October.

Are you actually wanting a solution or help towards finding the solution yourself?
CathyW

Postby PaulIQ164 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:57 am

CathyW wrote:While described as Ultra Fiendish, I don't think they're as difficult as some of the Sunday Times Superiors - although I did make use of the uniqueness principle in solving the second one which I didn't know about when they were published in October.

I'm not sure they're necessarily meant to be harder than Sunday Times Superiors - they were difficult HARDs, as opposed to the V.Hard, you get in the Sunday paper. It's confusing though, because the ones in that Ultimate Su Doku book that were called ultra-fiendish really are V.HARDs.
PaulIQ164

Postby atwyatt » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:38 am

CathyW wrote:Are you actually wanting a solution or help towards finding the solution yourself?

I'm new to Sudoku and am getting stuck on these ones. I wanted to see if I got one of the earlier numbers wrong.:(
atwyatt

Previous

Return to General