Quote Game

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby Myth Jellies » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:43 am

MCC wrote:If you click on the above link in Myth Jellies post and try to play a song, you get this message:

Quote:
U.S. Only
We're sorry. We have detected that you are outside of the United States. This service is currently only available to residents within the United States.

Doh, I did not know that.
Myth Jellies

Postby dancer » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:29 am

MCC wrote:If you click on the above link in Myth Jellies post and try to play a song, you get this message:

U.S. Only
We're sorry. We have detected that you are outside of the United States. This service is currently only available to residents within the United States.

:(

MCC

Well I live in United States, too, but can we do quotes that everyone can find it, then only United States people or London, or whoever, please just make it for everyone can find whatever quote you put up. Please and Thank you. Dancer
dancer

Postby udosuk » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:06 am

I live in Australia and I found MJ's quote... It's the actual audio sample of the song that I (and other non-US residents) can't access... Which dosen't bother me anyway...

Here is my turn!:)
the love with this crazy passion next to you awoke I discover what is to love making the love

I can tell you it comes from a Celine Dion song and I won't be surprised if nobody can find it using google...:!:

However, if you're smart enough, you can find the name of this song, no matter you're from Australia, Canada, Mexico, Spain, UK, US, etc...
udosuk

Postby emm » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:04 am

Sorry udosuk, you cannot escape the googleshark - not even when you send out the decoy babelfish.:D

Se despertaba el amor
con esta loca pasión
junto a ti descubro lo que es
Amar haciendo el amor

Love is awaking
With this crazy passion
I'm joining you to discover what it is
To Love While Making Love

Now I need to make my Christmas cake, and I’ll try to think of a suitable quote while I’m stirring the mixture - it might be something spicy and fruity:D
emm

Postby udosuk » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:14 am

Well done emm!

I wonder would google be useful if I didn't give out the reference about Mexico & Spain, and/or specifying it as a Celine Dion song...

Okay now it's your turn for the next one...:)
udosuk

Postby MCC » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:41 am

udosuk wrote:...and I won't be surprised if nobody can find it using google...:!:

I suspected from the above that it might be in a different language, but didn't have the time to babelfish it.

So while emm comes up with a quote she can try this recipe from "The vegetarian/vegan Society of Queensland" site.

Spicy Fruity Pumpkin Muffins Recipe

Vegan - Yes
Vegetarian - Yes
Category - Cakes and Desserts
Serves 8
Description Delicious Pumpkin muffins with sultanas
Time to prepare 10 minutes

Ingredients 3 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar substitute
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup pureed pumpkin (Fresh or from a can; do not use pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
¾ cup of sultanas

Instructions Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a twelve-muffin tin. (I made 8 big ones.)
Sift together flour, sweetener, baking powder, and spices. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, soy milk, oil, and sultanas. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Utensils bowl, wooden spoon, muffin pan and patty pans

MCC
MCC

Postby udosuk » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:20 am

MCC wrote:I suspected from the above that it might be in a different language, but didn't have the time to babelfish it.

My quote comes from babelfish's translation from the original Spanish text to English, but if you input the whole text and translate it from English to Spanish you won't get the original text...

I can't see how people who aren't familiar of the Spanish language and/or Celine Dion songs can find the answer using babelfish and google alone?

emm, are you a Celine Dion fan by accident? A Spanish speaker?
udosuk

Postby RW » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:31 am

udosuk wrote:I can't see how people who aren't familiar of the Spanish language and/or Celine Dion songs can find the answer using babelfish and google alone?

That's not very hard, my first search: "with this crazy passion" + celine gave 54 results, all of which refer to the particular song! How often does that happen in google...

RW
RW
2010 Supporter

Postby emm » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:48 am

I never took you for such a romantic udosuk!! Unfortunately RW is right - it googled

This spicy one you will also find in a googlesec

Our days will be so ecstatic
Our nights will be so exotic
For I'm a neurotic erratic
And you're an erratic erotic

But the fruity one hopefully not - it's by A. Non but to which fruit does it refer?

It has the perfume of a loved woman and the same hardness of heart, but it has the colour of the impassioned and scrawny lover

Might be tasty in MCC's spicy fruity muffins:D
emm

Postby udosuk » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:25 am

RW wrote:That's not very hard, my first search: "with this crazy passion" + celine gave 54 results, all of which refer to the particular song! How often does that happen in google...

Doh... Now I understand how MCC felt when I told him his quote could be googled easily... I really shouldn't have given the Artist's name so easily...

Next time perhaps I should get a Chinese song and translate it to English and see if you guys can google it up...:)
udosuk

Postby emm » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:03 am

Musical interlude

If I had you
What in the world could be better
Crazy love that waits for you
Why should it wait for ever

If I had you
Key to a hidden treasure
A ruby heart that hides from view
Don't hide for long

PS: Bic needs no translation - she won NZ top album, top female vocalist this year. And she’s beautiful - though personally I prefer the dishy guitarist.:D
emm

Postby emm » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:12 pm

Poetical interlude (spawned by the image of an impassioned scrawny lover)

There was a young man who was scrawny
More brainy than beefy and brawny
His passion was hot
But rhyme I will not
With a word that is tacky and corny
emm

Postby MCC » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:25 am

Mk2
emm wrote:There was a young man who was scrawny
More brainy than beefy and brawny
His passion was hot
Like chilli, in a pot
Decidedly much more prawny

Talking of a girl named after a biro - Bic Runga, it's the first time I've heard of her and after listening to her on the web link you posted and liking what I heard, I've ordered her first two albums.

Re your quote, you said we could find it in a googlesec, so far no luck:( I think a googleyear is more like it.
Could "googleyear" be shortened to "googley":?::D

MCC
MCC

Postby udosuk » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:57 pm

It's nice that emm talked about Bic Runga, who is also an artist I like, as I've bought her first album "Drive" 8/9 years ago...

Interestingly, I found it a bit of coincidental that she has a Chinese-Malaysian mum, same as me...:!:

Regarding the quote, you can find it in 0.5 googlesec if you put in the correct line, barring the first word...:idea:
udosuk

Postby MCC » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:37 pm

udosuk wrote:Regarding the quote, you can find it in 0.5 googlesec if you put in the correct line, barring the first word...:idea:

I had tried googling the whole quote and also the individual lines and I got nothing, the first line now works fine, why? I don't know.
It seems google only lets me have the right answer once it has been found by others.

The answer to emm's quote is:

"Gentleman's Black Book on Dating and Romance".

Before googling this quote try and guess what language it is in what familiar title it is given.

Nesika papa klaksta mitlite kopa saghalie, kloshe kopa nesika
tumtum mika nem; kloshe mika tyee kopa konaway tilikum;
kloshe mika tumtum kopa illahie, kahkwa kopa saghalie. Potlatch
konaway sun nesika muckamuck. Spose nesika mamook masahchie,
wake mika hyas solleks, pe spose klaksta masahchie kopa
nesika, wake nesika solleks kopa klaska. Mahsh siah kopa
nesaika konaway masahchie.
Kloshe kahkwa.

MCC
MCC

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee bar