New Brainteaser Addition

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby Luke » Fri May 01, 2009 5:48 am

Just in: Celtics -6 1/2, O/U 196 1/2. If you like +5 1/2, howdya like one more?

udosuk wrote:If the Rockets all play to their full potential, Houston is going to win it all.

A Canadian would say, "If the Rockets all play to their full potential, Houston are going to win it all." That's my observation, my point. Maybe StrmCkr can back me up on this. The hosts and the callers on the show to which I refer all say it that way.

From your response, I'm unclear. Would you ever say, "Houston are ....?"
Would a British fan say, "Liverpool are....?"

My team is Georgia, and my other team is in Georgia.

....and now a new teaser. I would venture that staying "on topic" is not a requirement in any forum titled "Off Topic.":)

I haven't the answer yet, but I'm wondering to which Georgia you refer. Ted Turner is too obvious.There could be an obscure footy squad I've never heard of owned by a wealthy Soviet expatriate. Perhaps it's not even sports related, what with you being wicked sly:) .
Luke
2015 Supporter

Postby udosuk » Fri May 01, 2009 2:45 pm

Bulls +6.5 pts certainly sounds a good bet. (But don't hold me accountable if it doesn't work out!:) ) Also, with all the OTs going on and the good offensive form of both teams, I'd say Over 196.5 is very likely...

While I respect and appreciate StrmCkr for his contributions here, I find it hard to imagine discussing grammar issues with him, considering his posting style...

As for my teaser, it's a really straight forward one. The answer is a player, and it's very related to this thread. As a matter of fact you can easily find the answer if you pay attention to the games during these few days... And your "wondering" is certainly "nothing-but-net".:idea:

(Hope I haven't made it too easy...:) )
udosuk

Postby Luke » Fri May 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Is his name a homonym to anyone ever married to Conrad Hilton:?:
Luke
2015 Supporter

Postby udosuk » Fri May 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Luke451 wrote:Is his name a homonym to anyone ever married to Conrad Hilton:?:

Looks like you've got it...:)

This was the hint I was about to give:

This is another hint I wrote:If the description had been:

"My team was Georgia, and my other team was in Georgia."

Then the answer would have been Dominique Wilkins.:idea:

Well done!:)
udosuk

Postby udosuk » Sat May 02, 2009 9:41 am

Sorry about the Bulls prediction. Ray Allen didn't have a huge game but I underestimated the Celtics role players at home (e.g. Eddie House and Kendrick Perkins). Hope you didn't lose money on it. At least I got the Over/Under right.:)
udosuk

Postby udosuk » Sat May 09, 2009 7:02 am

Just for completeness' sake, the answer to my last brainteaser is Zaza Pachulia, a basketball player who plays for both the national team of Georgia (Former-USSR country) and the NBA team Atlanta Hawks, which resides in Georgia, a state of USA.

Luke's answering attempt hinted at a wife of Conrad Hilton, who must be Zsa Zsa Gabor, with the first name being a homonym to that of the answer.

My hint was Dominque Wilkins, who played for the Georgia Bulldogs (University of Georgia) and the Atlanta Hawks. So he could say one of his team was Georgia and the other was in Georgia. But those were his former teams, so he couldn't fit the brainteaser, which was asked in present tense. As a result Pachulia is the only current answer that fits.

That said, this thread can officially come to an end with all the playoff-ending injuries happening to my favourite team.:( For all I care Lebron James and the Cavs can feel free to go 16-0 in the playoffs and sweep the Nuggets 4-0 in the Final.:(
udosuk

Previous

Return to Coffee bar