Is this a bad joke...???

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Broken Forum Links - Fixed

Postby realsudoku » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi all,

The broken links within the forum threads have been updated and should be working.

We apologize for the inconvenience - we recently moved the forum - and inadverently broke old links.

Please let us know if you have any issues and we'll try to respond as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
RealSudoku
realsudoku

Re: Broken Forum Links - Fixed

Postby wintder » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:41 am

realsudoku wrote:Hi all,

The broken links within the forum threads have been updated and should be working.

We apologize for the inconvenience - we recently moved the forum - and inadverently broke old links.

Please let us know if you have any issues and we'll try to respond as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
RealSudoku

WOW.

You messed up this board.

You MAY have corrected some changes. (You know you have not undone all your changes.)

You now think that because you deign to speak we will thank you for correcting some of your deliberate restrictions?
wintder

Postby Mauricio » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:47 am

wintder wrote:WOW.

You MAY have corrected some changes. (You know you have not undone all your changes.)

You now think that because you deign to speak we will thank you for correcting some of your deliberate restrictions?

LOL, you have only 2 posts and not more that 2 months registered and you are complaining like you are here since the beginning.
Mauricio

Postby wintder » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:01 am

Mauricio wrote:

LOL, you have only 2 posts and not more that 2 months registered and you are complaining like you are here since the beginning.

Please correct my post, ancient one.
wintder

Postby re'born » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:02 pm

wintder wrote:
Mauricio wrote:

Please correct my post, ancient one.

Mauricio has earned respect on this forum by a consistent history of excellent and respectful posts. If you want your posts to be taken seriously, then perhaps you might first show some respect to other board members, as well as the new forum administrators who are working to correct the problems even though they are under no obligation to do so.

If this sort of reciprocity isn't to your liking, you might enjoy the Eureka! board.:( But then again, what do I know? It would appear that you have been a forum member three times longer than I have.
re'born

Ad hominum.

Postby wintder » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:47 am

re'born wrote:Mauricio has earned respect on this forum by a consistent history of excellent and respectful posts.

Perhaps until this one. Maurico attacked my tenure, my persona, rather than address my post.

re'born wrote::(But then again, what do I know? It would appear that you have been a forum member three times longer than I have.

You draw attention to the disrespect. Thank you.

re'born wrote:If you want your posts to be taken seriously, then perhaps you might first show some respect to other board members, as well as the new forum administrators who are working to correct the problems even though they are under no obligation to do so.

Three points, first one already stated.

1. "the new forum administrators" are the people who "broke" this forum.

2. I showed Maurico the respect he showed me, plus a month. You disrespected me, and yourself, by pointing out that anyone posting has a possibly unknown history and you used that against me, rather than in support.

3. "who are working to correct the problems even though they are under no obligation to do so"

If the forum doesn't work, if the "known posters" go elsewhere what will the purchase have been worth? Vested interest.
wintder

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:03 pm

Pat wrote:.... old links look like this --
http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/viewtopic.php?p=6724#p6724

they fail,
as the links must now say "boards" rather than "forums"

e.g.

-- And some administrator heard the complaints, and went through and changed "forums" to "boards" globally in all the links (I'm glad they did) -- including the two links in your post above. Your post now needs the first "boards" to be edited back to "forums" to make sense.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby Pat » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:33 pm

Smythe Dakota wrote:
Pat wrote:.... old links look like this --

they fail,
as the links must now say "boards" rather than "forums"

e.g.

-- And some administrator heard the complaints, and went through and changed "forums" to "boards" globally in all the links (I'm glad they did) -- including the two links in your post above. Your post now needs the first "boards" to be edited back to "forums" to make sense.

thanks,
i've now edited it
Pat

Postby wintder » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:23 am

re'born wrote:If this sort of reciprocity isn't to your liking, you might enjoy the Eureka! board

Great site, thank you.:D

Of course this link that you gave me depends upon the other end not changing their directories. Pshaw, only maroons do that.

Why I bet that every link in google that points to the messages at this site, before REAL changes, works. Oh, and the links from other credible forums too.
wintder

Previous

Return to Coffee bar