Forum URLs

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Re: Forum URLs

Postby ronk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:32 pm

tarek wrote:using "start=threadpostIndex" was extensively usedin the previous forum ....

Does that include "internal links" on this forum?
ronk
2012 Supporter

Re: Forum URLs

Postby tarek » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:31 am

ronk wrote:
tarek wrote:using "start=threadpostIndex" was extensively usedin the previous forum ....

Does that include "internal links" on this forum?

I'm not sure what happened to internal links created in the old forum using "&start=threadpostIndex" after moving to the current forum ...

Try putting any ""&start=threadpostIndex". It doesn't work.

In the current forum ... Each page holds 15 posts ... Each page address has near the end "-threadpostIndex" which is in multiples of 15. Try & change that slightly & you will get the same page or the +/- 1 page with the page starting at a multiples of 15 post (not a page starting at "threadpostIndex") with the adress updated to show "-threadpostIndex" still in multiples of 15.

Unless there is another term that replaces "&start=", I suspect that there are still some internal link problems. The links that Pat showed also reflect this. My suggestion (if possible) is to enable this "&start=" or equivalent again.

There has been some tag differences between fora. SudokuSolver forum allows [ hide ] & [ collapse ] while this forum does not. It allows [ hidden ] which the other forum doesn't :x . This has caused some portability issues when copy/pasting posts between fora.

tarek
tarek

Previous

Return to Forum questions and feedback