Changing my author's name

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

re: changing the user-name

Postby Pat » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:25 am

Son of Pappocom wrote:Okie doke em, what'll it be?

hi em,

i hope the new name is somewhat similar to the old name,
to save some confusion:

every "hi, em"
and each "em wrote:"
will remain un-changed!

perhaps uoy would be willing to consider a new name such as !em

~ Pat
Pat

Postby emm » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:45 am

Thanks for the suggestion, Pat. I’m not sure how to take the exclamation mark. It looks like a hazard sign from here. Are you saying I need to give a warning before I speak? ACHTUNG! There’s food for thought. Maybe AVALANCHE!

There was always the option of an extreme makeover and the thought of coming back as someone completely unrecognisable has appeal. However I’ve got used to the old em and at the point of tossing her out, I find I'm as comfortable with her as with a pair of woolly slippers at the end of a long hard day. There are just too many memories. Sorry if this is a bit soppy, it's helping me to write it all down. I know you won't feel obliged to read it.

I don’t have to change at all of course – it’s just that because of a quirky little trait of the forum, I have no history as em. That’s not so bad in some ways – for one thing it makes it very hard for anyone to find the gaffes that pepper my past posts - but there is something I want to find for myself and searching through the old forum is getting to me. That’s another tale that I won’t go into. I’m not sure that I could bring myself to divulge all the details anyway and you may not have the heart for them … let alone the time. (Is it just me or is this actually a pretty moving little story?)

No. Forget sentimentality, forget the makeover, I’ll just go for a small surgical implant. If it's OK, Scott, I'd like to change to emm. Thanks.
emm

re: history

Postby Pat » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:14 am

em wrote:I'm thinking of changing my name – it seems that a 2 character user-name is no good in this forum.
(Scott are you still on to this or are you ZZZzzzzzing?)

em wrote:because of a quirky little trait of the forum, I have no history as em. That’s not so bad in some ways – for one thing it makes it very hard for anyone to find the gaffes that pepper my past posts – but there is something I want to find for myself and searching through the old forum is getting to me.

If it's OK, Scott, I'd like to change to emm. Thanks.

hi em/emm

the quirk is new – the thing was still working fine in December.
i wonder what's changed since then in our phpBB??

as for searching the forum,
you might try Google's "advanced search"

~ Pat
Pat

Re: re: history

Postby emm » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:39 pm

Pat wrote:the quirk is new

Yep, it used to work but not since the last hack.
emm

Postby Son of Pappocom » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:47 pm

Welcome, emm!
Son of Pappocom

Postby emm » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:36 pm

Thanks Scott. It works, no adverse effects!
emm

Previous

Return to Forum questions and feedback