Can You Solve This Without Trial and Error?

For fans of Kakuro

Re: Can You Solve This Without Trial and Error?

Postby Mani » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:11 am

Withdraw my comment, "All too silent here", as a lot of water had indeed flown and Refresh on this site doesn't always show the latest posts in the same sequence (A or D) so I missed a lot of them at first sight.
Mani

Postby kakuroatk » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Updated Kakuro v2.24 with a new feature... to randomly choose a puzzle from say the hard level 8 series... simply click on the "select puzzle" icon and enter H8... a random puzzle will call up from H8 like for example H82342. same goes for the latest medium puzzles M9... it will randomly choose a puzzle from the M9 series...

you can type in the level E, M, H followed by the series number... this will work on all levels ... a few examples: H8, H5, M2, M9, E8, E1, E4... etc...

(you may need to clear your web history to load v2.24)
kakuroatk

Postby denis_berthier » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:58 am

kakuroatk wrote:Updated Kakuro v2.24 with a new feature... to randomly choose a puzzle from say the hard level 8 series...

The "series" number may mean something for you but it doesn't for us until you explain it (any generation choices ?).

Currently, most of the H are size 14 or 13, fewer are size 12 and very few are size 11 or 10.
Another possibility I'd find more interesting is that of choosing level and size, e.g. H 10 if I want to concentrate on small puzzles.
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

Postby denis_berthier » Wed May 14, 2014 10:58 am

I don't know if anyone here is still interested in Kakuro, but I've found on the atk website an interesting puzzle: H74152.
In spite of having two broad diagonal white bands, which is often a sign of difficulty, it is relatively easy (within the sub-collection of hard puzzles).
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

Previous

Return to Kakuro