Anagram riddle

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Anagram riddle

Postby udosuk » Fri May 12, 2006 3:53 pm

Looks like there are quite a few enthusiasts for anagrams/letter-scrambling here... So try to solve this riddle:

riddler wrote:The _____________ was convicted in the _____________ yesterday.

Try to fill the blanks with anagrams to each other. There might be more than one word in each blank...:?:
udosuk

Postby Ruud » Fri May 12, 2006 4:34 pm

The Lynndie England case:

The poor US recruit was convicted in the Superior Court yesterday.

Ruud.
Ruud

Postby Ruud » Fri May 12, 2006 5:21 pm

I also found this animal rights case:

The foul ape captor was convicted in the court of appeal yesterday.

Ruud.
Ruud

Postby emm » Sat May 13, 2006 5:21 am

The racist games tutor was convicted in the magistrate’s court yesterday. The orgasmic suet tart was also convicted but it’s case was redirected to the food court.:D
emm

Postby udosuk » Sat May 13, 2006 9:42 am

Great answers guys/gals!:D Not the "textbook" answer I'm looking for though...

Ruud wrote:The Lynndie England case:

The poor US recruit was convicted in the Superior Court yesterday.
Technically (language) speaking is good, but...
1) She was court-martialed and not convicted in the Superior Court...
2) I hold absolutely no sympathy for this lady... So I find it hard to contemplate the use of the adjective poor here...

Ruud wrote:I also found this animal rights case:

The foul ape captor was convicted in the court of appeal yesterday.

Good one... Is it the ape who's foul or the captor?:D

emm wrote:The racist games tutor was convicted in the magistrate’s court yesterday. The orgasmic suet tart was also convicted but it’s case was redirected to the food court.:D

What? Now they have a tutor for racist games...
And such serious offences could not possibily be judged in a magistrate’s court I believe?:)
Also, where do they sell those tarts... A picture would be nice...:D

Could anyone find my simple, textbook answer?

Bonus points for creative alternative answers:
Ruud: 1.5 (half point for the England case)
emm: 1.5 (half point for the suet tart)
udosuk

Postby Ruud » Sat May 13, 2006 3:23 pm

Unlikely to be the "textbook" answer, it may help up my score a little:

[still singing the last notes of the Godfather Tarantella,] the choir thug was convicted in the High Court yesterday.

Ruud.
Ruud

Postby udosuk » Sat May 13, 2006 4:32 pm

Ruud wrote:[still singing the last notes of the Godfather Tarantella,] the choir thug was convicted in the High Court yesterday.
Lovely.:D

Updated scores:
Ruud: 2.5
emm: 1.5

Watching the FA Cup right now... Gerrard saved Liverpool from the dead with a 90th min supergoal from 30 yard out...
udosuk

Postby RW » Sat May 13, 2006 5:15 pm

These are unlikely to be "textbook" answers, but they were convicted anyway:

The computer user was convicted in the Supreme Court yesterday.

The comet pursuer was convicted in the Supreme Court yesterday.

RW
RW
2010 Supporter

Postby udosuk » Sat May 13, 2006 5:25 pm

RW wrote:The computer user was convicted in the Supreme Court yesterday.

Believe it or not, this is the textbook answer in my mind. Congrats RW!:D
Was thinking if I should tag on a comment at the end such as "World's first P2P convicted case" or "Bill Gates triumphant (again)"...

RW wrote:The comet pursuer was convicted in the Supreme Court yesterday.

Another alternative answer I figured out earlier... Not as real-life as the former one though...

Updated scores:
RW: 11 (10 for the textbook answer)
Ruud: 2.5
emm: 1.5

You guys can keep the anagrams coming if you like, or make up another sentence...
udosuk

Postby Ruud » Sat May 13, 2006 6:37 pm

This is not a riddle, but it fits the topic.

Having an email address on my website has brought me a lot of spam. Lately, there seems to be an increase in scam-spam. People supposedly offering you huge amounts of money if you would be so kind to reply to their mail.

So, while I am rather interested in a finned squirmbag, instead I receive mail from big Iraq funds men.

And instead of nice loop notation, I happen to notion one CIA plot.

And trying to implement forcing chains, I am invited to join a franchising Co.

This drives me mad.:(

I just want to turn that hidden pair into a diehard pin.

Ruud.
Ruud

Postby RW » Sat May 13, 2006 8:49 pm

I totally understand your problem. I'm looking for possible deadly patterns, but instead I'm offered to buy the "speedy pilot" sandblaster or a catalogue of some odd ballerinas step types.

Another frequent problem is when I'm looking for uniqueness reductions, but instead I'm offered pictures of uncorseted Susie Quinn or some USSR nudist queen on ice.

RW
RW
2010 Supporter

Postby emm » Sat May 13, 2006 10:39 pm

Prompted by an ‘anonymous’ private enquiry about the suet tarts, I've done a little research.

The American actress, Ami Gotrut, who was also an undercover agent aka Sugar Côte-Martits, made orgasmic suet tarts famous in the secret operation 'AT- U' Atomic Target - USSR, back in the days of the Cold War. They were an innovative part of the CIA armoury and were classified as RAGs : ‘Ruse-Attract Gismos’.

Sugar plied them in numerous clandestine trips behind the Iron Curtain, freely making the ultimate sacrifice in the interests of national security. Compromised enemy spies were left with a condition known as aorgasmic-stutter with the debilitating side effect of gastric-streamout which was a dead giveaway and blew their cover big time. CIA target O. S. Sturm was one of the first to succumb - the newspaper headlines read 'Erotica Tags Sturm'.

Sugar was awarded the ASM (Active Service Medal) and retired to a little cottage on the Côte d'Azur where she now lives quietly on her own making mosaic tatter rugs. Rights to the tarts were bought by multinational food giant IST and are retailed through their chain of fast food outlets Igor Smut’s Teacart or cheaply and in bulk from Trade Me.
emm

Postby Hud » Sun May 14, 2006 1:17 am

I can't believe this, but "Côte d'Azur" is the answer to part of the LA Times Crossword today. I'm in a bit of a "court daze" after watching the Cavs beat the Pistons today.
Hud

Postby emm » Sun May 14, 2006 6:23 am

Ae you crazed out, Hud?
emm

Postby udosuk » Sun May 14, 2006 7:46 am

emm wrote:The American actress, Ami Gotrut, who was also an undercover agent aka Sugar Côte-Martits, made orgasmic suet tarts famous in the secret operation 'AT- U' Atomic Target - USSR, back in the days of the Cold War. They were an innovative part of the CIA armoury and were classified as RAGs : ‘Ruse-Attract Gismos’.

Sugar plied them in numerous clandestine trips behind the Iron Curtain, freely making the ultimate sacrifice in the interests of national security. Compromised enemy spies were left with a condition known as aorgasmic-stutter with the debilitating side effect of gastric-streamout which was a dead giveaway and blew their cover big time. CIA target O. S. Sturm was one of the first to succumb - the newspaper headlines read 'Erotica Tags Sturm'.

Sugar was awarded the ASM (Active Service Medal) and retired to a little cottage on the Côte d'Azur where she now lives quietly on her own making mosaic tatter rugs. Rights to the tarts were bought by multinational food giant IST and are retailed through their chain of fast food outlets Igor Smut’s Teacart or cheaply and in bulk from Trade Me.

Fantastic, even though there probably isn't a fact in the whole story... Sorry for my fat antics, but I find it too hard to act fast in this thread to keep up with you guys/gals... All those anagrams make my cats faint...
udosuk

Next

Return to Coffee bar