YZF_Sudoku

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Re: YZF_Sudoku

Postby StrmCkr » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:36 pm

Kira : welcome to thr forums

The 2nd pattern is correct despite what you think

N cells with n +1 digits
Not all cells need to have each of n candidates ad long as the overal set found has exactly n+1 digit in n cells.

4678 in 3 cells.

Most solvers typically ignore naked subsets when searching, but they are still valid.
Some do, some teach, the rest look it up.
StrmCkr

Postby Cenoman » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:09 pm

yzfwsf wrote:Release 608
YZF_Sudoku608.part1.rar

YZF_Sudoku608.part2.rar

Sorry for a very naive question: what are the different files "part1" and "part2" for ?
I have tried to download both (under Windows 10 OS) Part2 seems to contain the same filenames as part1 but is unzipped with errors. Which instruction have I missed ?
Thanks in advance.
Cenoman
Cenoman

Postby yzfwsf » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:20 pm

Because the forum limits the capacity of a single attachment, compressed files are divided into volumes. Therefore, you must download two files at the same time, put them in the same folder, and then unzip them.
yzfwsf

Postby ghfick » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:23 pm

Here are a few more suggestions and queries:

May I suggest adding the SK Loop? It is true that the SK Loop can overlap considerably with MSLS. pjb has noted that there are puzzles where the two steps can give different exclusions though. The logic is quite different though.
While using 'Show Next Step', one can still see Forcing Chains before seeing MSLS/JE.
With your implementation of JE, there are the interesting cases where additional cells can be added to the "S" cells to confirm the JE pattern. Currently the solver says: ' "S" Cells Need Include xxxx True Base Cands xxxx'. I think this needs rewording. The additional cells are not "S" cells and there are no known True Base Candidates [I am unsure what is intended here?]
Since there are Naked Quads and Hidden Quads, can there be Almost Locked Quads? Maybe such an ALQ step is getting too close to Sue de Coq or ALS-XZ? The logic would be different though.
One receives the Avoidable Rectangle in solution paths. It should listed in 'Techniques'. Recent forum discussion on the AR may be relevant. [UR 1.1]. Alas, I understand very little of that discussion.
I am unsure of the boundaries between the levels of difficulty. I think your intention was to use equivalents to the default boundaries in HoDoKu but now using the original SE ratings. What is the boundariy between Extreme and Insane?
SE contains only a portion of the steps now in your solver. So sometimes, an MSLS or a JE takes an 'Insane' puzzle down to a lower level [like 'Unfair']. Nevertheless, a change here may be premature. This is also a topic of forum discussion.
I think you are using an adjusted SE rating as there are puzzles where the 'original' SE rating is not the same as your solver's 'SE' rating.
ghfick

Postby StrmCkr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:20 pm

Sk loop is a naked 4 digit 4 sectors 16 cells ie a naked msls thats how they are the same.

Where msls tags both naked and hidden version : the hidden set needs post move basics for clean up then it also matchs eliminations of the sk loop.
Some do, some teach, the rest look it up.
StrmCkr

Postby yzfwsf » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:45 am

ghfick wrote:I am unsure of the boundaries between the levels of difficulty. I think your intention was to use equivalents to the default boundaries in HoDoKu but now using the original SE ratings. What is the boundariy between Extreme and Insane?

Dim Shared As Long difLevel(0 To 6) = {0, 15, 28, 60, 80, 93, 120}
Use SKFR ,the grading boundary is as above.
ghfick wrote:Here are a few more suggestions and queries:

May I suggest adding the SK Loop? It is true that the SK Loop can overlap considerably with MSLS. pjb has noted that there are puzzles where the two steps can give different exclusions though. The logic is quite different though.

When I have time, I will implement it. In fact, I wrote SK_Loop in the previous version of VB6.

ghfick wrote:With your implementation of JE, there are the interesting cases where additional cells can be added to the "S" cells to confirm the JE pattern. Currently the solver says: ' "S" Cells Need Include xxxx True Base Cands xxxx'. I think this needs rewording. The additional cells are not "S" cells and there are no known True Base Candidates [I am unsure what is intended here?]
Since there are Naked Quads and Hidden Quads, can there be Almost Locked Quads? Maybe such an ALQ step is getting too close to Sue de Coq or ALS-XZ? The logic would be different though.
One receives the Avoidable Rectangle in solution paths. It should listed in 'Techniques'. Recent forum discussion on the AR may be relevant. [UR 1.1]. Alas, I understand very little of that discussion.

It is not complicated for a computer to detect a base candidate as follows. If it appears in the base cell, and it is assumed that the target cells does not have it, and then enumerate the positions in the cross line. If a house will miss the number in all the above situations, it is proved that as long as the number appears in the target cell at the base cell at the same time.
yzfwsf

Postby yzfwsf » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:34 am

In this update, due to the structural adjustment, it is estimated that bugs are inevitable. SK loop technique is added to provide program option configuration. The program can save and load configuration items. In Edit->preferences->Techniques, you can drag and drop items to Change the calling order of solving techniques.
Add filters for STE / STTE steps when searching for all possible steps.
Speed up about 100% duo to "-O3".
Please download the two files at the same time and put them in the same directory, remove ". 7z" at the end of each file name, and then decompress them.

Release 609:
YZF_SUDOKU609.7z.001.7z
(255 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

YZF_SUDOKU609.7z.002.7z
(253.48 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
yzfwsf

Previous

Return to Software