YZF_Sudoku

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Re: YZF_Sudoku

Postby ghfick » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi,
I think you need to share Version 616 on your Google Drive. Either post the full path name or share the folder containing the file.
Gordon
ghfick

Postby yzfwsf » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:41 pm

Hi ghfick:
The first post of this topic has a link to Google Drive.
yzfwsf

Postby ghfick » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:44 am

got it...thanks
ghfick

Postby yzfwsf » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:52 pm

According to the suggestion of strmckr, add Death Blossom Complex Type. Fix a bug in als-w-wing, which will make the program traverse only part of ALS

Release version 617 in my Google drive, link address in the first post
yzfwsf

Postby yzfwsf » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:43 am

release version 617V2 on my google drive
add Death Blossom Complex Type 3(irregular shape of MSLS).
yzfwsf

Postby yzfwsf » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:34 pm

release version 618 on my google drive
add GSP -Gurth's symmetry placement, please check,Compatible various morphs GSP.
yzfwsf

Postby ghfick » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:25 am

How about :
forum.enjoysudoku.com/thunderstorm-t38219.html ?

Your solver appears to miss the original but does find the morphed version.
ghfick

Postby yzfwsf » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:54 am

ghfick wrote:How about :
forum.enjoysudoku.com/thunderstorm-t38219.html ?

Your solver appears to miss the original but does find the morphed version.

The bug mentioned has been fixed, please download again.
yzfwsf

Postby denis_berthier » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:33 am

Hi yzfwsf

Apart from the graphical interface, is there anything that'd prevent your software to run on other platforms that Windows - such that 32-bit only code ?
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

Postby yzfwsf » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:12 am

denis_berthier wrote:Hi yzfwsf

Apart from the graphical interface, is there anything that'd prevent your software to run on other platforms that Windows - such that 32-bit only code ?

Yes, there is only 32-bit code, but it can run on 64-bit Windows. For other platforms, I don't know.
AFAIK:ghfick also does not have Windows, but he can run the solver.
yzfwsf

Postby denis_berthier » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:40 am

yzfwsf wrote:
denis_berthier wrote:Hi yzfwsf

Yes, there is only 32-bit code, but it can run on 64-bit Windows. For other platforms, I don't know.
AFAIK:ghfick also does not have Windows, but he can run the solver.

I was thinking of MacOS in particular; the recent versions can't run 32-bit code. So, if you have 32-bit code outside the GUI, it would not work, even without the GUI.
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

Postby ghfick » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi Denis,
To run YZF_Sudoku on either a Mac or with Linux, you need to install Wine. [winehq.org]
Most of the features on YZF_Sudoku run quite well with Wine. With the current version [618], cut/copy/paste requires an initial save, you cannot alter the preferences [from within it] and, when using All Possible Steps, there are occasional freezes for unknown reasons.
Having noted the above, YZF_Sudoku is excellent and it has, by far, the most complete set of techniques and the graphics are so helpful and advanced. All Possible Steps makes it an essential learning tool.
To my knowledge, YZF_Sudoku does not currently have many of the techniques in SudoRules. If you are willing, it would be very useful of have some form of a thesaurus to detail the corresponding namings in SudoRules into Sudopedia namings. I do recognize that in some cases there will not be equivalent namings. I do think that SudoRules' z-chains are distinct from anything in YZF_Sudoku [I could be wrong here]. I think that SudoRules' whips [partially] overlap with most of the techniques in YZF_Sudoku [again, I may be mistaken].
So far, I have not been able to run SudoRules on either Mac or Linux. My understanding of the inner workings of Mac and Linux holds me back. A very detailed, step-by-step set of instructions might help.
Gordon
ghfick

Postby SpAce » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:45 pm

ghfick wrote:So far, I have not been able to run SudoRules on either Mac or Linux. My understanding of the inner workings of Mac and Linux holds me back. A very detailed, step-by-step set of instructions might help.

That’s weird. SudoRules worked out of the box on my Mac. I did compile Clips, though, as instructed. I didn’t even try the bundled executable, so I don’t know if that would have worked or not.
-SpAce-: Show
Code: Select all
        *        |=()=|    /  _  \    |=()=|               *
            *    |    |   |-=( )=-|   |    |      *
     *                     \  ¯  /                   *   

"If one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi."
SpAce

Postby SpAce » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:42 am

ghfick wrote:To my knowledge, YZF_Sudoku does not currently have many of the techniques in SudoRules. If you are willing, it would be very useful of have some form of a thesaurus to detail the corresponding namings in SudoRules into Sudopedia namings.

Sudopedia is ancient, and some of its names should not be considered standard any more. A better comparison is with the modern terms used in the Puzzles section. I think I know someone who could probably draw such mappings pretty accurately. Too bad he's not on your list of trusted authorities.

I do recognize that in some cases there will not be equivalent namings.

Direct equivalences don't really exist at all, except for some basic patterns which mostly have the same names on both sides, and possibly for some very generic ones. Yet I'm pretty sure that all of Denis' patterns can be found and named on the other side, but in most cases it requires using a name with a different scope. For example, there's no z/t-, or length-, or (complete) 2D/3D-distinction on the other side, so the names for such patterns are usually more generic, except for some short named patterns that are more specific.

I do think that SudoRules' z-chains are distinct from anything in YZF_Sudoku [I could be wrong here].

If pointings and claimings (normally seen as whips[1]) are not counted, the simplest z-chains[2] I can think of are Grouped Skyscrapers and Grouped Cranes (=ERs). All XYZ-Wings and some Swordfishes are z-chains[3]. Some WXYZ-Wings and Jellyfishes are z-chains[4]. The first z-chain[3] here maps to a Finned Franken/Mutant Swordfish for a bit more complex case.

I'm pretty sure almost all short z-chains have such mappings to named patterns. Those that don't are findable as nishios (contradiction chains). Those with a single z-candidate can be found as krakens (verity chains) too, and the rest as multi-krakens if YZF supports them. So, I'm almost certain that YZF finds all z-chains one way or another.

(Btw, I'd be interested in seeing samples of long z-chains to get an idea how complex they can get. Does someone have examples of those?)

I think that SudoRules' whips [partially] overlap with most of the techniques in YZF_Sudoku [again, I may be mistaken].

All whips/braids map to contradiction chains/nets (and krakens/multi-krakens), so I would expect YZF to find them all as such, if nothing simpler matches. Max-length might be an issue, if anything.
-SpAce-: Show
Code: Select all
        *        |=()=|    /  _  \    |=()=|               *
            *    |    |   |-=( )=-|   |    |      *
     *                     \  ¯  /                   *   

"If one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi."
SpAce

Postby yzfwsf » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:24 am

The release version 618V2 provides support for Sticks Symmetry in GSP.
yzfwsf

PreviousNext

Return to Software