xml

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

xml

Postby Chuckdown » Sun May 08, 2005 8:15 pm

I've registered although I haven't used the program yet. When I try to install the program its says I need XML version 4 which I tick to download. After it's downloaded and click to install it comes up with "error occurred during installation of assembly component". Searching MS KBase I discovered that it means it's trying to access a file which doesn't exist? I had hoped to start enjoying a game but at the moment I feel very frustrated
Chuckdown

Postby Pappocom » Mon May 09, 2005 4:51 am

The problem is usually caused by an incomplete download of SudokuSetup.exe.

However, regardless of the cause, please check out this topic: http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/viewtopic.php?t=8. It will take you through the steps to solve the problem.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby Chuckdown » Mon May 09, 2005 10:48 am

I'm running XP pro SP2 so I shouldn't need the MS installer, but I downloaded and ran it, sure enough it came back "either wrong OS or wrong version".
I downloaded SUDOKU again and it is 2.099 Mb. I ran it again and obviously it told me I need XML v4. I ran msxml.msi again with the same results.
javascript:emoticon(':(')
Sad
Chuckdown

Postby Pappocom » Mon May 09, 2005 1:45 pm

Hi Chuckdown.

I'm not sure I understand what you're telling me. You downloaded MS installer even though you didn't need it? Why? Neither of the versions mentioned in the http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/viewtopic.php?t=8 topic is for Windows XP, so it's not surprising that you got the message you did.

You ran msxml.msi "again", you say? I thought your original post was to the effect that you could not download the XML package at all?

I must have misunderstood something. You might like to email me direct, using the "email" button below.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback