Worthless Sudoku Books

Books about Sudoku

Postby emm » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:13 pm

I admire you for using a language that's not your mother tongue - and I could never write about Sudoku in German, but I am just wondering about your editor.......

I'm very sorry that you don't expect anyone to reply to your stuff but I think you would like them to read it - Yes? and yes tso is hard to decipher and does have a lot of long lines, but it's better to pick one or two points at a time, otherwise it just encourages him.:)
emm

Postby udosuk » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:50 am

No intention to interfere the heated warfare between tso and dukuso across the board... but for the onlookers it does make it easier if dukuso could use the "quote" tag more consistently.

Just when you quote somebody's words add the tag with "quote" inside square brackets at the beginning and the tag with "/quote" inside square brackets at the end. And put all your own words outside those tags so people can easily distinguish your own arguments. I find it much easier to type the tags out then using those dreaded buttons. And you could copy and paste the opening tags to each position and then add the slashes to the closing tags later on.

I know you don't intend others to read the arguments but since you put it out in this forum you should expect others to read them. If you don't want others to read then just PM each other and say whatever you like in whatever style you prefer...

But make no mistake, I respect both of you a lot as from what I read here I think you're both very capable and enthusiastic puzzlers. Just a bit of disagreement here or there... hope you two can sort it out peacefully in a civil way...
udosuk

Postby dukuso » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:35 am

yes, I figured out the {quote} thing. Also spoke to em in PM.
The problem is however, when you copy the message and edit
offline, you won't get the {quotes} and it's hard to figure
out who said what.
So, in some sense the usenet quotes with nested "<"s
are still better
dukuso

Postby udosuk » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:43 pm

dukuso wrote:The problem is however, when you copy the message and edit offline, you won't get the {quotes} and it's hard to figure
out who said what. So, in some sense the usenet quotes with nested "<"s are still better

Sorry, I was a bit careless myself... one way to solve this is using tags like {quote="dukuso"} etc so on the output it will show "dukuso wrote:" followed by the paragraph... Then it's a matter of whether you want to edit out the unnecessary bits and type in the quote tags in the appropriate places, so as to make your postings more compact and easy to read, instead of just copying the whole last post from, say tso, and then just add lines here or there...

Now that I think of it, the issue is not whether you know how to use the quote tags but just whether you want to spend the time and effort to edit the posts nicely. Personally I know how busy you're with all the important projects and experiments so I guess we can't ask too much from you. ^_^
udosuk

Previous

Return to Books