Who enjoys doing Random Acts of Kindnesses

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Who enjoys doing Random Acts of Kindnesses

Postby travelbabe » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:13 pm

I think these are fun and great karma. What sort of things have you done and what reaction have you had
travelbabe

Postby Hud » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:06 pm

Sorry so late replying, but I just noticed this thread. I suppose it seems self gratifying to tell of random acts of kindness we perform. One of mine that I'm particularly proud of was about 7 years ago we took an old faithful Golden Retriever out to the desert to give him a proper burial at our favorite camping spot. Gatsby wasn't my dog, but we had many adventures together from chasing coyotes on a beach in Mexico to dodging a rattlesnake while rabbit hunting. He was a valiant dog who would have happily laid down his life for us.
Enough of the digression. On the way home from there, we noticed a truck that had gone off the road and into a brushy area with a guy standing by the road. We (my son, son-in-law, and I) stopped to see if we could help and the guy couldn't speak a word of English and was obviously Mexican. He was quite probably in the country illegally, but we took about an hour and eventually got some brush cleared and towed his truck out and onto the road. I hope he appreciated it.
Another time I ws fishing in the Seea of Cortez in Mexico with a friend in his 12 foot boat. We saw a Mexican fishing boat that was dead in the water and they asked if we could tow them. Their boat was about 20 feet long but we towed it over 20 miles til another fishing boat took over to take them to their dock. After we started back, another fishing boat cut very close to us as if to say "what are you doing in our waters". We just shook our heads over that.
The good thing is that I've also been helped by Mexicans in Mexico so maybe occasionally, good deeds are returned to us.
Hud

Random Act of Kindness

Postby travelbabe » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:39 am

I do love big random acts of kindness and the ones you did really helped. I am glad you have helped turned our horrible world in to a better one in your own way. When someone does something good to you, one is honour bound I feel to pay it forward to someone else, even subconsciously. One never knows if we ever get stuck and need help. We can be cynical in todays world but sometimes there are good uns.. even in America, where a lot of people are supposedly out for themselvers. Doing good thing sets such a good example! Well done, it was great to hear this.
travelbabe

Return to Coffee bar