Want to post image

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Want to post image

Postby Luke » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:04 am

Hi, newbie here, how're y'all?

How does one go abt importing an image or a spreadsheet into a post here? Is there a FAQ that covers this?

Thanx,
Luke in Ca
Luke
2015 Supporter

Postby Son of Pappocom » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:27 pm

Hi Luke,

If it's an image, the UBB "img" tag will take care of it. A speadsheet can only be linked. Either way, you'll need to host the file on a website somewhere -- you can't "attach" files to a post like you can an email.

Regards
Scott
Son of Pappocom

test

Postby Luke » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:31 am

Last edited by Luke on Sun May 11, 2008 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luke
2015 Supporter

Postby Bigtone53 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Luke,

This chain should help you post things if you are looking for help. These typically go into the 'Help with particular puzzles' folder unless, as Animator explains, they should be somewhere else.:D .

Tony
Bigtone53

Want to post image

Postby Cec » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:01 pm

Hi Luke 451,

To complement Bigtone's suggestions, I note you have not specifically asked what help you want. As mentioned in This Thread you should show both the original puzzle and the stage where you got stuck.

The image of your puzzle appears to have come from the Simple Sudoku solver (SS) and, if that is the case, then the following steps may further help you....

After manually loading your puzzle into SS or copying and pasting a puzzle direct from the Forum into the SS program, in the Menu bar at top of the SS puzzle click on Edit then select Copy (alternatively select Ctrl+C on your keyboard).

Click on the appropriate button in the "Help with particular puzzles" Forum to open a window box for posting a reply. Click on the code tag and paste (Ctrl +V) the puzzle into this window box and click the code tag again at the end of the puzzle. Note the / must precede the second code tag. To demonstrate this to you I have to use these () brackets to explain this to you whereas your brackets must look like this []. Your "Post a reply" window would look like this:

(code)
Puzzle pasted here
(/code)

Now copy and paste your puzzle as explained above from SS to this window using these correct brackets []. Note that the candidate grid is automatically shown simply from just copying the puzzle grid.

Cec
Cec

Posting questions

Postby Luke » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:46 am

Thanks for the responses. I'm not discussing any
puzzle in particular. Rather, I just want to post a
jpg or a pgn and I have got that covered now.
Thanks!

I DO have a couple of questions, though.

I want to post an article, but I want to include
pgn or jpg images of the puzzles in question
rather than a text representation. Is this
considered appropriate? I would be using
captures from a program called Simple Sudoku.

I direct my 2nd question to the gentleman who goes
by the the name Ruud. May I get your permission
to include images from puzzles I found on the
Daily Nightmare web site on posts to this forum?
Yours are the only puzzles I do, because you're the best,
and I'm just saying that because it's true!

Luke in Ca
Luke
2015 Supporter

Postby Bigtone53 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:37 am

I direct my 2nd question to the gentleman who goes
by the the name Ruud

Luke, You may find it easier to send a pm (private message) to Ruud directly. At the foot of your posting is a pm button. Click on it and it is set up to send a pm to you. Browse for Ruud in the Find a username engine. I hope that this helps:D
Bigtone53

SudoCue copyright-notice

Postby Pat » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:52 am

Luke451 wrote:I direct my 2nd question to Ruud --
    May I get your permission to include images from puzzles I found on the Daily Nightmare web-site on posts to this forum?

hi Luke451,

i hope the following quotation
answers your question --

at his own web-site, Ruud wrote:You have permission to post the puzzles from www.sudocue.net on forums, weblogs and other sites, but you must either cite www.sudocue.net as your source, or use the nicknames I gave these features: “(Sudoku) Nightmare”, “Weekly Assassin”, “Clueless Special” and “Texas Jigsaw Killer”

Commercial exploitation of the puzzles published on www.sudocue.net is forbidden. Furthermore, you are not allowed to show puzzles from www.sudocue.net on websites with more than 20% advertisement space.

Pat

Return to Forum questions and feedback