Verify individual puzzle

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Verify individual puzzle

Postby tommcnally » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:39 pm

I have got to the point now -- where i doubt if all of the new puzzles can be solved using logic alone -- Can we please have the abilty to verify indivual puzzles -- or is there a way of doing this -- which i do not know about
tommcnally

Postby MCC » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:54 pm

If you're talking about Sudokus other than pappocom generated ones, then you can 'dub' the grid into the pappocom program and it will grade it for you.
It'll give a pappocom 'grade' if valid or a 'not valid' meaning that T&E will be involved.

Go to file and click on dub, enter your numbers and click verify.

Hope this helps:D
MCC

Postby Spok » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:20 am

Sadly, the program gives a 'Not Valid' error to Dubbed puzzles that are harder than the ones it produces, even if they do not require Trial & Error.

As the interface of this program is second to none for solving, it is a great shame you cannot Dub in any puzzle and solve it. I would not mind it warning me that it thinks the Dubbed puzzle is 'Invalid', so long as lets me carry on and solve it anyway. As things stand at the moment, if the program thinks a puzzle is invalid, you are prevented from solving it. I hope a future version of the program will change this frustrating situation.

Spok.
Spok

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:29 am

It seems to me that a program should consider a puzzle "invalid" only if the puzzle has no solution, or has multiple solutions. And the program should tell you which one it is.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Re: Verify individual puzzle

Postby Sudoku Master2 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:59 pm

tommcnally wrote:I have got to the point now -- where i doubt if all of the new puzzles can be solved using logic alone -- Can we please have the abilty to verify indivual puzzles -- or is there a way of doing this -- which i do not know about

Not sure about what you saying. Please try to tell me better, please.
Sudoku Master2

Return to Forum questions and feedback