Uninstaller crashes every time I try to run it

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Uninstaller crashes every time I try to run it

Postby Guest » Thu May 19, 2005 7:58 pm

Everytime I try to run the uninstaller, it crashes in Windows XP. I have tried restarting the computer, made sure no other programs are running, and no matter what, it crashes.

I tried running the uninstaller from the Windows Control Panel and from the Sudoku menu item and it crashes the same way no matter what.

Can someone from the company who wrote the uninstaller help?

Thank you.

Postby Pappocom » Thu May 19, 2005 9:04 pm

Hi Sudoser, Wayne here. First reaction: I have no idea what might be causing this problem. I haven't had any reports of it before (which is not to say that it hasn't happened before - just that I haven't had any reports of it).

Has anybody else experienced this?

It might be an idea if you send me an email (using the email button below) and you can take me through it, step by step, in an effort to pin the problem down. I'll get you to check the presence and/or size of various files on your computer, etc...

One idea: had you deleted by hand any of the Sudoku files, before you tried to uninstall the program through either the Control Panel or the Sudoku item on your Programs list?

If you did, it is possible the program interpreted your action as an attempt to defeat the anti-piracy code. But the program shouldn't crash, even so.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby Uninstall » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:07 pm

I get exactly the same issue.

Win XP sp2
First message is :
Application Error
Exception EAccessViolation in module SudokuSetup.exe at 696E970
Access violation at address 696E970. Read of address 696E970

The 'Send error to Microsoft' thing appears, I then get four more messages, all identical:
Error
Runtime error 216 at 7C901010

Clicking okay on one will clear all the error messages.

The Sudoku app runs fine on my machine normally.

Any ideas or fixes?
Uninstall

Postby Pappocom » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:55 am

All I can suggest is a manual un-install. Please send me an email (using the email button below) and I'll take you through the steps.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby Uninstall » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:39 am

Can you put the manual removal instructions on this forum thread? It will make it easier for others to read if they have issues.
Uninstall

Return to Forum questions and feedback