Transfer from one computer to another

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Transfer from one computer to another

Postby 9X9 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:17 pm

I'll shortly be getting a new laptop and disposing of the existing one. Is it simply a case of copying the Pappocom program files across via a floppy, or is there more to it than that?
9X9

Postby Pappocom » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:01 am

With one purchase, you can install Sudoku on (a) your work computer and your home computer, OR (b) your desktop computer and your portable computer, BUT (c) not on more than 2 computers at a time.

You can install Sudoku on a second or replacement (“new”) computer, but "transferring" it may be a bit of a misnomer. Here are the steps:

1. Remove the Sudoku program from your old computer, if necessary. Be sure to keep a copy of your Registration Code in a safe place, for future reference.

2. Download the SudokuSetup file from www.sudoku.com/download.htm onto your new computer. The download is free. (What you paid your money for was the Registration Code.) Alternatively, you could transfer the SudokuSetup file from your old computer to your new one (either by emailing it to yourself, or by saving it on a CD and putting the CD into your new computer).

3. Install the Sudoku program on your new computer by Run-ning the SudokuSetup file. You may need an Internet connection at this stage.

4. At this stage, your new computer will think you are a first-time user and you will be in a 28 day free trial. Enter the Registration Code into the Sudoku program, to unlock the program.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby 9X9 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:21 am

Whoops! Should I have kept a hard-copy of the original registration code because, knowing me, I may not have done?
9X9

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:03 am

In my case, my father bought the program and has it on his computer. He definitely doesn't have the registration code, so does that mean I have to use his computer every time I want to use the program, or is there a way I can have the program on my computer as well ?

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Pappocom » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:04 am

We can probably find your original registration details, if you need them - although we'd rather you keep the details in a safe place yourself, because it does take a bit of time to track them down.

Occasionally (very occasionally), we don't get enough info to identify the transaction. Re-supplying registration details is just a (free) service we offer - we don't guarantee 100% success.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby 9X9 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:27 pm

Wayne - tks.

Genuinely sorry for another straw on your back, but I may indeed have to come back to you for the number - I'll obviously try a search and rescue first though. Whichever, I'll keep the hard-copy firmly under "lock and key" this time round.
9X9

Postby 9X9 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:13 am

I hang my head in well-deserved shame having searched, in vain, for my original registration code. It's a hundred lashes and then keel-hauled for me!

Could you set the "replacement" procedure in train please.
9X9

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:57 am

I'm not going to bother. Talk to my father until I'm blue in the face about keeping these things and I get nowhere. He can buy me a new one!

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby 9X9 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:30 pm

Wayne - original registration now resupplied tks to Scott (son of Pappocom).

Very grateful and will store them so securely this time that, bar me, not even a champion truffle hound would find them.

Although I didn't see it, I hear we ran the "Blacks" close this afternoon but not close enough. It's not my game at all, mine's very definitely the "beautiful" one, but well done to your guys, the ones who weren't in the "sin bin" that is!
9X9

Postby jf27 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:40 am

It's not my game at all, mine's very definitely the "beautiful" one,,,

Glad to see there are some cricket fans in the forum:D
jf27

Postby emm » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:26 am

Might not have been beautiful - but what a nailbiter! I was clutching the dog for the last 20 minutes!

PS: Those boys in white do seem to bleed awfully easily!:(
emm

Return to Forum questions and feedback