Times Killer Sudoku book available Oct 3

For fans of Killer Sudoku, Samurai Sudoku and other variants

Times Killer Sudoku book available Oct 3

Postby Enigma » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:00 pm

Looks like the new book promised as the prize in the Times competition of a couple of weeks ago is scheduled for publication on Oct 3 per various websites - ISBN 0007223633.

I assume it's not a Pappacom authored book.

Paul
Enigma

May be sooner

Postby zebedeezbd » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:56 am

I talked to one bookseller who told me the original publication date of Sept 6 for the Times Killer Sudoku book was postponed due to a print delay. She said she was expecting stock anytime now.

In the meantime I am desperate to get my hands on more "killer" type su dokus to take with me when I go abroad in a week or so. Other than the ones published over the past couple of weeks in The Times, where can I find them? Are there any other books, websites, foreign newspapers, or anywhere else I can get hold of some to print out?
zebedeezbd

Postby Pappocom » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:58 am

Enigma wrote:I assume it's not a Pappacom authored book.

Correct. The Killer puzzles are not from Pappocom.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby Pi » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:03 pm

Does anyone know if the killer book will have those ridiculous starting numbers in that are in the times?
Pi

Postby Enigma » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:28 pm

No, but if you do want them, just buy a copy of the book, send it to me and I'll add a few numbers on each puzzle for you.

Alternatively, I believe that at the back of the new book there'll be a set of 100 brand new puzzles designed especially for those having problems with the Killers in the Times prior to this week. Each will have 81 starting numbers and will be categorised as tricky.
Last edited by Enigma on Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma

Postby zebedeezbd » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:42 pm

My guess is there will be no starting numbers in the book (or maybe just in a few that actually require it). It seems that they have started putting them in the newspaper Killers as an afterthought. Perhaps more people have been scared off by the blank grid than they envisaged, so they're endeavouring to encourage a few more ordinary-sudoku fans to give the Killer a try by adding a few trivial numbers to make it look more familiar... before hopefully soon reverting to publishing blank Killers again.

Either way, the book was put together before they started publishing them in the daily paper, and originally intended for publication to coincide with the first ones in the paper. So it will have been compiled before they got this silly idea about including numbers. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

This print delay has irritated me, because I am going to be in Madagascar by the time it is published now, so I am going to have to get someone to airmail it out to me (and I'll have no Killer su dokus for the plane journey)!
zebedeezbd

Return to Sudoku variants