Time Taken - Not going down

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Postby Yellowbelly » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:39 am

Been playing some time, and after messing around with some of the setting I now can not get the Time Taken to go down anymore.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get it started again ??

Pete
Yellowbelly

Postby Son of Pappocom » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:12 pm

Hi Pete,

Press F4 to get to the Game Options dialog and pick the General 2: Hall of Fame tab. Then just click the "Keep Time" checkbox. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards
Scott
Son of Pappocom

Postby Yellowbelly » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:03 pm

Tried all of that, including resetting the Hall of Fame but it still stays on the same time after each game
Yellowbelly

Postby Son of Pappocom » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:48 pm

Hi Pete,

Just to clarify, are you referring to the timer that ticks away during the solving of a puzzle, or the average time or Hall of Fame time presented to you after you solve a puzzle?

Regards
Scott
Son of Pappocom

Postby Yellowbelly » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:49 pm

I'm talking about the Average Time for completing the Puzzle. In my case when I did go below it's time, the next timeit was shown it had gone down 1 second.

Now it just displays the same time and does not decrease.
Yellowbelly

Postby Son of Pappocom » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:39 pm

Hi Pete,

I'm not aware of anything that should cause the average time statistic to simply freeze. You said you'd been playing a while; could it simply be that your times are now consistent enough, and you have played enough games, that your last game didn't sway the average by more than a second? The average is cumulative through every game you've played, so the more games you've played, the less variable the average will be.

Regards
Scott
Son of Pappocom

Postby Yellowbelly » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:48 pm

I'm not sure about that, Ever since I've played the game it's only ever gone down by 1 second each time I beat the average time. It never went up at all.

Now it just shows the same time.
Yellowbelly

Postby Son of Pappocom » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:28 pm

Hi Pete,

Curious issue, then. I haven't heard of any problems with the average time feature before, but that's not to say there isn't some obscure problem lurking somewhere! Would you mind keeping a log of what the program reports to be the average, after each game of a given grade? That might help us troubleshoot the problem.

Regards
Scott
Son of Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback