The return of the daily puzzles

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

The return of the daily puzzles

Postby tarek » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:15 pm

I was away for the past 2 months but intend to have more forum activity very soon. I will resume the daily puzzles then too.

I was thinking that I may ask everybody when my daily puzzles resume to leave the 1st 12 hours for manual solvers solutions only and then open the door for everybody to share their solving pathway regardless of how they did it.

What does everybody think?

Tarek
tarek

Re: The return of the daily puzzles

Postby Leren » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Well, that was my idea, after I was contacted by a forum participant, who was missing the daily OTP puzzles and was unable to participate in the more difficult puzzles being posted in recent times.

So, to put it in a few simple words, if you are able to spot MSLS and the like, either because you can access an advanced electronic solver or because you are a talented manual solver or both, you should follow the 12 hour convention for OTP puzzles.

I'll include myself in the 12 hour convention, for electronic reasons. If you haven't figured it out already, I'm a terrible manual solver :D

Leren
Leren

Postby SteveG48 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:03 pm

I'll be happy to see the return of the OTP puzzles. The current discussions of more complex puzzles are a good thing in my mind- the more different things we do here, the better the health of the forum- but they aren't my thing.

I don't see any need for additional rules.
Steve
SteveG48
2019 Supporter

Postby rjamil » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:02 pm

My humble request is to start OTP puzzles without any new rules. Simply mentioning whether solution found manually or through computer solver help is optional.

Basically, manual solver target to solve the puzzle in one advance move, Whereas, computer solver change program by either include/exclude any solving technique or reordering the technique search in order to solve the puzzle with as minimum as one advance move. Sometime, it's not that easy for beginner to achieve the goal but to learn various techniques and enhance existing techniques. Also, each technique got more example puzzles collection and help to verify/improve the programming as well.

R. Jamil
rjamil

Postby lauria » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:02 pm

The current discussions of more complex puzzles are a good thing in my mind- the more different things.
lauria

Postby tarek » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:47 pm

Apologies,

Work commitments meant that I was away from this forum and sudoku related activity. Hoping to return whenever possible
tarek

Return to Coffee bar