The not-so-magic square

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby JPF » Tue May 27, 2008 2:22 pm

udosuk wrote:I suppose so, but I bet my description are a bit easier to understand than some of the other posters in this forum (e.g. some of your countrymen).

At least RW could get it no problem. Perhaps I was using too many mathematical terms.:?:

You are probably right.
To be sure, let's see how others understand and solve your problems.

JPF
JPF
2017 Supporter

Postby udosuk » Tue May 27, 2008 4:27 pm

I have found it hard to understand somebody else when they described their puzzles/problems. So I don't feel surprised when somebody find my description confusing etc. What seems obvious to one often turns out to be utterly nonsense to another. Even when the language barrier is not an issue.

Anyway, I'm not holding high hopes anybody else is solving these, so that's probably almost the "series finale". However, besides being computer programming exercises at least one of them is "human solvable, by logic and hand calculation", namely:

I wrote:3. The (Nearly Perfect) Anti-Magic Square

Fill all of {1..9} into a 3x3 square so that all 19 numbers from {1..19} appear either as a cell value or a sum/product of a row/column/diagonal.

I was sure someone of RW's calibre could work it out elegantly... But no takers...:(
udosuk

Previous

Return to Coffee bar