The moderator

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

The moderator

Postby emm » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:16 am

I’m sorry that Luna’s gone - it isn’t easy being the moderator and some of you didn’t make it very easy for her! I hope that’s not why she left. I hope she's OK. She was the best Spambuster we ever had - no offence, Scott.:D

I don’t think many people would nominate me for moderator, udosuk. Honestly, I wouldn’t nominate me. But since you suggested it I’ve been dreaming about being powerful. Except I would like to be really powerful … like She-Ra remember her? I could have a flaming sword. It could be called the Blade of Outrageous Righteousness. I could smite obnoxious posters and annihilate spam, I could defend the weak and smash the evil and free the planet. I might have a power ring too and a golden fist.

I would be reasonable. I wouldn't be open to suggestion and I wouldn’t accept bribes, not even for hints to make me look smart. I’d be above all that.
I’d have a thousand emoticons. This one would be for the moderator.Image This one would be for you guys.Image

Edited to credit the goblin images to the snotling website.
Last edited by emm on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emm

Postby udosuk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:08 am

Being a Kiwi, I'm surprised you mentioned She-Ra instead of Xena...:D

I like Luna too... That's why I thought you'll do a good job too (a bit of feminine touch is always good)... I think there is a fine line between a "moderator" and a "spam buster"... Anyone (with some common sense) could be the latter, but it required skills (which I don't process) to be the former, when you have to "stay cool" and not be too lax...

And good suggestion for the emoticons... I don't need a thousand, but 20-30 would be good enough... However I don't think even a moderator has a power to change that...:(
udosuk

Re: The moderator

Postby Cec » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:18 am

Yes, I too am sorry to learn Luna has gone and hope she is feeling OK.

Cec
Cec

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:52 am

I'm feeling very well, thank you, and I've not gone anywhere!

I took the decision very seriously and over a very long period of time, four weeks in fact, and, while I'm not prepared to go into the reasons (of which there are many and very personal) as to why I did resign, I can categorically state - and guarantee, whole-heartedly - that it had absolutely NOTHING to do with any of your behaviour, which is exemplary.

It's nice to know that you think that I made a difference and that it was appreciated and I'm absolutely certain that any one of you could do as well, if not better in the job.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Chessmaster » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:48 pm

what happened i was gone for so long.
Chessmaster

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:27 am

I resigned as Moderator, but I'm still here in my capacity as member of this Forum.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby tarek » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:52 am

Thanx Luna for a job well done........:D

tarek
tarek

Return to Coffee bar