Sunday December 3rd 11:00am (UK time) - Killer Race

For fans of Killer Sudoku, Samurai Sudoku and other variants

Sunday December 3rd 11:00am (UK time) - Killer Race

Postby mikejapan » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:36 pm

Hi everyone
I've just discovered this site and this is my first post so I'll try to make it a good one.

I'm a Djape regular and last weekend I posted an originally designed killer at a specific time and had a race. Naturally enough Udosuk won (but he doesn't like competing - although I see he has the most posts here as well as on Djape's site!). The reponse was quite good so I'm trying one more race at Djape's site.

I'll also post the puzzle here at the same time on Sunday December 3rd at 11:00am (UK time). If you want to take part, just send me a PM with the correct solution as quickly as possible. The winner will receive absolutely nothing. I'll post the top 3 fastest names the next day.

I call the killer "Revenge of the killer swordfish" and is a level I would class as "stonker" but it can be solved logically.

This is only a bit of fun and something to do on a cold and wet miserable December day (unless you live in kangaroo-land, but you'll probably be on the beach anyway)
mikejapan

Postby mikejapan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:55 am

Of all the killer puzzles I've posted on Djape's site (approx. 100), I rate this as one of the most difficult. I did post a 12 cager once with a unique solution, but it couldn't be solved logically. This one can be solved with logic.

There are nine zeros in the puzzle which represent mystery numbers. These can both help and hinder your progress.

It's called "revenge of the killer swordfish" because if you connect all the zeros it forms a picture of a swordfish. It is also my revenge for last week's first ever race which everybody said it was too easy.

Having said all that, there is actually a sneaky backdoor to the puzzle which is very difficult to find, but smashes the puzzle wide open.

I hope you enjoy it:D
mikejapan

Postby mikejapan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:58 am

Good luck
Image[/img]
mikejapan

Postby mikejapan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:02 am

Congratulations to Ruud who managed to complete the puzzle in an astonishing 12 minutes.

JC and Udosuk were also not far behind.
mikejapan

Return to Sudoku variants