Sudoku vs kakuro

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Sudoku vs kakuro

Postby Chessmaster » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:16 am

whitch is better in your opinion. i like sudoku becasue it is the orignial but kakuro is also fun as well
Chessmaster

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:35 am

I chose sudoku simply because I am incapable of doing Kakuro (unable to count, at all) and I still find a challenge within the Classic version of the puzzle.

For me the beauty and simplicity of Classic sudoku (a well constructed one that is!) still has me hypnotised and provides challenge enough for me to stay with this version.

I'm sure that someone blessed with basic numerical literacy will find Kakuro entertaining and challenging, but for me the novelty (still) of being able to do a puzzle that contains numbers has not worn off. I'm well aware that the numbers are actually incidental to the puzzle and that any symbols can be used - thus adding to the entertainment value, imho - but most of the puzzles that are printed contain numbers and, frankly, I just can't get over the fact that I can not only read the blessed thing but actually complete it.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby queenofnumbers » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:47 pm

I can't seem to figure out the kakuro's... but I love the sum-sudokus...
queenofnumbers

Postby ab » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:05 pm

i really like maths, but kakuro doesn't appeal to me at all. dunno why really. someone said that one part of the puzzle can be unrelated to another. i think that's part of the beauty of sudoku, how the whole puzzle is interconnected.
ab

Postby Chessmaster » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:26 pm

kakuro is much harder than sudoku.
Chessmaster

sudoku

Postby toweljedi » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:04 pm

sudoku is better. I just tried kakuro and it was seemingly impossible, or at least would take a long time, but at least it was interesting
toweljedi

Postby Chessmaster » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:19 pm

you are right. how hard it is depends on who makes it also.
Chessmaster

Return to Coffee bar