Sudoku on Virtual PC

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Sudoku on Virtual PC

Postby Guest » Wed May 04, 2005 8:35 am

I have tried loading the demonstration programme using Virtual PC on a Mac. While the programme appears to load, I get an error message the first time it runs. Any advice, please?

Postby Guest » Wed May 04, 2005 11:49 am

Just a wild and wacky idea, but it be useful to give the text of the error message.

Postby Pappocom » Wed May 04, 2005 3:44 pm

As you know, Sudoku is a Windows program. It has never been tested with emulator programs on different platforms, and so no guarantees are made about its ability to work with those programs.

As you have discovered, Sudoku does not work with the emulator on the Mac.

I wish I had some time to spare, I could get to the bottom of this. Unfortunately, my time and resources are limited and I must concentrate on satisfying the Windows community.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby Animator » Wed May 04, 2005 4:46 pm

You could consider a license change though... but that will probably not happen...

As in, move the project to a free license (such as the GPL and BSD-License) and let anyone with spare time, that really wants it create/port it... ofcourse this might mean that sales go down...

Or maybe a mixed-license, as in, a closed-license for the Windows-version, but with the source code available to port it to other platforms, and license those ports under a free license... (not that that is a real requirement, but I'm sure that will encourage people more, I don't think maybe people like to co-operate creating a closed-software, without getting anything in return)

The bad thing of that would be that you can't stop anyone from compiling their own version for the windows platform... (except by taking legal action, which might get a mess) (and maybe supplying that binary (of their own compiled version) for free)
Animator

Return to Forum questions and feedback