Sudoku Most Foul

Books about Sudoku

Sudoku Most Foul

Postby Lummox JR » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:15 am

I still have no idea if I'm posting this in the right place or not, but this seemed like the best forum.

I've finally published my book, Sudoku Most Foul, at lulu.com. The book contains 150 puzzles, a section on techniques that can be used to solve them, a section of detailed solutions, and short solutions (the solved grids). The specialty of the book is to go beyond what typical books call "hard". A good chunk of the puzzles can't be solved without trial and error--though they're all valid puzzles with just one solution.
Lummox JR

Postby ab » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:38 pm

while we're plugging books i compiled one along similar lines, which i called serious sudoku. it's available from cafepress:
http://www.cafepress.com/sudokubook
*edit* just to clarify, none of the puzzles in my book require trial and error. The techniques required are those that my solver uses.
Last edited by ab on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ab

Postby wapati » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:04 am

I have some interest in both books.

I use paypal, I don't like duty issues.
wapati
2010 Supporter

Postby Carcul » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:25 am

Lummox JR wrote:A good chunk of the puzzles can't be solved without trial and error-though they're all valid puzzles with just one solution.

You mean that those puzzles can't be solved with the techniques you describe in your book?

Lummox JR wrote:The specialty of the book is to go beyond what typical books call "hard".

Then your book must be an interesting one. If he will someday arrive to Portugal then I will take a look at it.

Carcul
Carcul

Postby Lummox JR » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:10 pm

Carcul wrote:You mean that those puzzles can't be solved with the techniques you describe in your book?

The techniques described in my book are enough to solve all of the puzzles in it. Trial and error is one of those techniques. It describes both forward and backward propagation styles of T&E, and also advanced T&E which goes beyond the logic of just singles--though that only has been found to appear in two puzzles so far to my knowledge, neither of them officially listed in the book. (The toughest known puzzle is shown, but it is not technically one of the 150 puzzles.)

Then your book must be an interesting one. If he will someday arrive to Portugal then I will take a look at it.

Lulu.com does offer shipping to Portugal. They ship there in 5-15 days for economy shipping, 5-10 for standard, 3-7 express.
Lummox JR

re: "Sudoku Most Foul"

Postby Pat » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:19 am

Carcul wrote:your book must be an interesting one. If he will someday arrive to Portugal then I will take a look at it.

it can be downloaded -
Lulu.com wrote:
    Sudoku Most Foul
    by Lee Gaiteri

$3.59 Download (PDF), 795 KB

- not very expensive,
and you only print those pages you wish.

Lummox JR wrote:even the easiest puzzles in the collection
require techniques like the uniqueness tests and X-wings

~~~ Happy Birthday ~~~
Pat

Return to Books