Sudoku grid test software

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Re: Sudoku grid test software

Postby sudokutester » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:18 pm

enxio27 wrote:Even if the posting of other sites and programs is allowed, it's the dishonesty in the way it's done that's the problem.

Yeah that's what I've stated if you've read the second sentence I've posted previously.

enxio27 wrote:Hmmmm. . . Testing software properly is awfully difficult if you're not a computer whiz. o.O

Making batch files requires some deeper knowledge than simply testing Freeware.
You need to know certain Dos commands.
My computer knowledge is more than average but less than to be titled a computer whiz.
sudokutester

Postby enxio27 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:01 am

sudokutester wrote:Yeah that's what I've stated if you've read the second sentence I've posted previously.

Well, I submit that "dishonest" is a stronger (and more accurate, IMHO) word than "sneaky" for that type of behavior.

In any case, the site admin has weighed in on this topic, as well, and I think the horse in question is adequately beaten and dead.
enxio27

Postby Artel » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:00 pm

If you're still interested in testing Sudoku puzzles for validity and difficulty, I have a program which will test for example 60 puzzles like your example file, in about 20 minutes. Not in batch though but each by copy and paste, then click one button to test difficulty and one if you want to test uniqueness. It really is that quick.

Incidentally, the example puzzle you gave shows as index 132_VERY DIFFICULT with a UNIQUE solution

If you want it mail me at artel@talktalk.net
Artel

Previous

Return to Software