Sudoku Game

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Sudoku Game

Postby Chessmaster » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:51 am

I was on the train and was board. so i did what i always do when i am board sudoku. then i though of a little game i could play. i had to average one sudoku per stop on the train. it is cool to see if people can do it. i would not work if it stops at each block but if it stops in each town then it is possible. i successfuly did this it is a race against time.
Chessmaster

Postby udosuk » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:35 pm

The language of the kids these days...:(

The interpreter wrote:I was on the train and was bored. So I did what I always do when I am bored - Sudoku. Then I thought of a little game I could play. I had to average one Sudoku per stop on the train. It is cool to see if people can do it. It would not work if it stops at each block but if it stops in each town then it is possible. I successfully did this - it is a race against time.

BTW using a laptop and solving Times-level puzzles, I once managed to solve 25 puzzles in a 45-minute train trip (didn't use any help from the hints function), so it's possible even if the train stops at each block...:!:
udosuk

Postby underquark » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:47 pm

I use sudoku puzzles to time the boiling of an egg: 3 for lightly done with runny yolk, 4 for yolk set just so, 5 for hard-boiled etc.
underquark

Postby Pi » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 am

Am i cheating if i use a computer?

if not then i beat you all.

My machine is solving 15,000 per hour at the moment because it is testing out possible patterns of numbers

if it is classed as cheating then i will say that when i was on an Italian exchange with my school i completed

about 15 sudokus from The Times Book 3
All of The Times Book 2
All of The Times Killer Book

The trip was 6 days though (It should have been a week but i came back a day early for a sudoku tourney,The Times mention it )
Pi

Return to Coffee bar